boundaries

boundaries

Postby kitoy01 » Fri May 13, 2005 5:26 am

When we bought our property 6months ago, the corners at the back garden are a bit awkward. On the left hand side( facing the garden), there is a bit of sloping towards our property due to a tree on our neighbors garden. Not sure though wether they are council tenants and that particular tree is protected?? Now on the right side, its the same thing but the only difference is its in box form towards our property, small plants present on their side of property. We knew about the potential problem before we went ahead to buy the property but the seller said its 'OK' as she spoken to both neighbors about fixing them boundaries in the future. The land registry and the rest of the documentation states that the property should have square corners on them and not what we have got at the moment. Now we wanted to reclame that bit of property, what are the legal steps to be made? We haven't ask the neighors about though. But what if they will say no? How about the expences on our garden bit and a bit of garden damage on their garden too. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Keith, Liverpool
kitoy01

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Beech » Sun May 29, 2005 5:26 pm

It would probably have been good if the sellers could have sorted it out for you before they moved out.

What did your conveyancing solicitor have to say about it and have you spoken to the neighbours yet?
Beech

Postby kitoy01 » Sun May 29, 2005 6:24 pm

thanks for your message beech :o .
i havent tried speaking to my neighbors yet since i wanted to seek advice first. before we agreed to buy the property, our knowledge on the potential problem that we might encounter in the future, that was purely based on trust among the seller and excisting neighbors, i think we were just so naive abot this. maybe you can advice me on some of the matters previously mentioned?
kitoy01

Return to Hedges