Laurel Hedges

Laurel Hedges

Postby Rads » Wed May 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Hi at present my neighbours are great, they ask me if their hedge is too high etc and if so they trim it back etc. i sometimes help too. Problem being that they have decided to move, if my new neighbours are not so considerate will the new hedge law include Laurel as this grows quite quickly?

My garden is only 3.1metres long, just enough for the washing line to spin round. End of the garden is a 2metre tall slatted fence as the boundry with this Laurel on my neighbours side. The garden slopes approx 500mm down to my french doors so the hedge looks even taller. The garden is south facing, and come 6pm its mainly shaded.

Any comments will be welcomed
Rads
Rads

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Beech » Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 pm

As far as I know yes, this could be included, if you visit hedgeline you wil learn more.
http://freespace.virgin.net/clare.h/
Beech

Postby Cytania » Thu May 19, 2005 2:23 pm

Laurel qualifies as an evergreen and a true tree however it's not really fast growing. It's leaves are possibly the best for diminishing noise but they also look ugly if trimmed with motorised trimmers. To avoid nasty brown leaf bits left behind prune by hand with secateurs. High upkeep I guess.
They cut down all the trees, put 'em in a tree museum and charged all the people just to see 'em
Cytania

Postby despair » Fri May 20, 2005 6:49 am

You could ask your existing neighbours if they would consider getting a covenant included in your deeds and theirs to ensure that the laurel hedge or any form of hedge or trees etc is restricted height wise permanantly

The cost should not be huge and you could share it or even cover it yourself so that even if you sell future owners of your house benefit
despair

Return to Hedges