Trimming back a hedge to allow extension build.

Postby despair » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:33 am

I would run rings round that idiot neighbour
by finding all manner of ways to wind him up
Your builders I am sure can manage all sorts of poking fun off the scaffolding well within your land

I would also slam in an application for the 2nd storey
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Maverick.uk » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:07 pm

HoverDonkey wrote:
The foundations will at no point extend that far, only by a matter of inches though, so we are pretty sure we're not encroaching, despite not having had it professionally surveyed.

As you are 21M away I can see no relevance ( at this point in time) of the PWA.

Cheers

Mav
Maverick.uk

Postby HoverDonkey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Thanks all for your great advice.

There's no going back now, as the foundation trench has been excavated today, accompanied by frequent head-pokings through the hedge by the neighbour to check out the goings-on.

We replied to his solicitor today, asking where we were in breach of the PWA and also asking him to ask his client to refrain from coming on our land again, or we will consider reporting him for harassment. (He initially came on to my drive to tell me, and I quote, that we were 'in breach of an Act of Parliament' and telling us that we had to stop all building work immediately)

I just hope that's the end of it now, as all we want really is a quiet life and a slightly larger house. And a smaller hedge.
HoverDonkey

Postby Stoday » Sun May 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Is that the end or is there a sequal?

I've read the whole topic but it lacks the conclusion. Did the wicked neighbour live happily ever after? Did this solicitor reply to your letter?

Or can't you write because your are resting "at her majesty's pleasure"?

:lol:
Stoday

Re: Trimming back a hedge to allow extension build.

Postby HoverDonkey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 am

Realy sorry for the VERY late reply.

All your advice was utterly invaluable.

We got our extension, we kept the hedge alive, and we haven't heard a word from aforementioned neighbour since the extension went up. I honestly don't think we could have been so confident in proceeding with our build if it wasn't for the advice we were given here.

Again, many thanks!
HoverDonkey

Postby w3526602 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 am

Hi,

Do a Google for Party Wall Act, read it for yourself.

Tell him you are grubbing up the hedge so that you can access your side of the party fence, as it needs creosoting. :D

602 (That was my "last three")
w3526602

Postby Sudynim » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 pm

w3526602 wrote:Hi,

Do a Google for Party Wall Act, read it for yourself.

Tell him you are grubbing up the hedge so that you can access your side of the party fence, as it needs creosoting. :D

It was all over years ago, 602 - who are you talking to?
Sudynim

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Hedges