Right of Way on access road

Right of Way on access road

Postby ZiggysGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:07 pm

I live at the end of an access road (don't know if this has different implications to a "normal" road). The block of flats that I live in has it's own private garage block. Access to the block of flats by vehicle, is soley along the access road.

My problem is, that all along this access road, cars are parked on both sides of the road (mostly half on road and half on pavement, although some are actually fully on the road). This makes access extremely difficult - most days you can just about get your car through, but anything larger (including Fire applicances or Ambulances) wouldn't be able to get through.

What can I do about this? It's made worse by most of these houses who's cars are parked on the road, they all have garages (although mostly full of junk from what I see - I do understand that some have more than one car).

I do worry that if we needed urgent attention, then access would be blocked. There are other blocks of flats and garages around us, so there isn't another road that's near at all.

:evil:
ZiggysGirl

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Rights of Way