Neighbours right of access through courtyard +Plant pots etc

Re: Neighbours right of access through courtyard +Plant pots

Postby span » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Why do you hate foreigners Kirk? You don't explain that bit very well.
span

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby KIRK » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 pm

The key to the story ;is what happens when one owner of three turns a courtyard into their own personal garden by putting large plant pots everywhere and treats the shared store room as their own personal garden shed. Her mentality is `she` can do what she wants because she has been here longer.

Sorry you did not get it but I think what I wrote made sense in respect, that people like I should have been more abrupt with the neighbour of the court yard when moving in, instead I fell for the polite little old lady act.
KIRK

Postby span » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:03 pm

That's ok kirk, you can still change to a nasty neighbour and impose your solution on her. Since she's old, she must be very used all her life to people changing behavior to her once they figure out exactly what she's like and what's she up to. There'll be few or no surprises there for her.

Should be easy enough for you to do, seeing as you don't like her anyway.
Last edited by span on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
span

Postby despair » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm

very easy to say but i will guarantee this little old lady will have a myriad of responses that she considers enforces her rights to do what she likes irrespective simply because she or her plants or pots or trees have been there longest
despair

Postby akwe-xavante » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Place a third party between you, a stern solicitors letter putting her in her place may be the right way forward and forget she's a quaint old lady. Be strong and put your foot down and don't budge. Tell her that if she doesn't like it then she should seek professional advice. I think she knows exactly what she's doing.
akwe-xavante

Postby KIRK » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:50 am

Thank you to all that relied with both understanding & advice .

As to my reply to Span....................I could not careless what nationality the person is,just because she is a foreigner (as you wrote)gives her no more right than I.
I have installed lighting in the dark area`s of the court (at my cost) to help her and other avoid tripping when going to the bins at nighttime. So do I hate foreigners? apart from working all over Europe,marrying a Portuguese I doubt that claim.I continue today to `try` keep her happy `but` she truly dislikes and dare say is jealous of what I able to do to my property because lucky I was in a well paid job for 34 years working abroad for an UK company.
KIRK

Postby despair » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 am

kirk

if its a shared courtyard and a shared shed you all have equal rights
tell her in no uncertain terms she has 7 days to move her stuff and stop cluttering up communal property
do you have legal expenses cover on your mortgage or insurances or credit cards
if so let them deal with her intransigence
despair

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:25 am

Collaborate wrote:Hi Kirk.

Can I suggest you start a new thread with this query?

And before you repost it, can you read through it and try and get it to make some sense? I'm finding it really hard to understand.
this isn't your thread Kirk, so best not take it over (the irony...)
MacadamB53

Postby KIRK » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:07 am

MacadamB53. I am not taking anyones thread over simply adding to the fact there are many people in my situation and this helps to get a variety of advice.You say you do not understand what I wrote yet still have an opinion of it now that seems hard to understand .The attitude that you display is much the same mentality that I write about .
KIRK

Postby arborlad » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:19 am

KIRK wrote:MacadamB53. I am not taking anyones thread over.......

I'm afraid you are, it's known as hijacking and is not fair on the OP of this thread and not the best way to get responses that are specific to your own situation.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby KIRK » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 am

despair. Thanks for your advice,my problem runs deeper as she sucks up the 3rd owner who has lived here 25 years and twists everything to try stir up trouble.........like one night as a passing comment, I said the cars are parked very close to one another..............the next day she told the 3rd owner that I had said `no one should park close to my car`This person is really the worse trouble maker you could ever meet and if I start laying the rules down this will invite the 3rd owner to get involved who is 84y,so it would like me picking on two older residents.
I did mention to her that I would use a solicitor in any dispute and she went berserk shouting` if I get a letter I am leaving`(good idea) but I am afraid she would tell everyone that I drove her out rather than they see that all I am trying to do is look after any future house sale for buyers to see that each owner are sticking to the rules.
KIRK

Postby KIRK » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:33 am

arborlad ..........ok if that is what you say,the last thing I need is any Stalkers, the nutter next door is enough.
Why you read posts your not interested in is sad in itself.I have learned all I need to know from some very genuine users on here so this will be my last post.
bye and don`t miss a tread.
KIRK

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

:evil:
KIRK wrote:MacadamB53. I am not taking anyones thread over simply adding to the fact there are many people in my situation and this helps to get a variety of advice.You say you do not understand what I wrote yet still have an opinion of it now that seems hard to understand .The attitude that you display is much the same mentality that I write about .
Hi Kirk,

you're getting me confused with another member of the forum because I understand everything you've written and may well have advice/suggestions to offer.

it's just I recognise that if I respond to you here we'll be hijacking the OP's thread - which is considered bad form (trust you appreciate why).

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby jonahinoz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi,

Wait for a sunny day, put a sun lounger in your courtyard, lie on it, spread a hanky over your face, and have a snooze.

Maybe they will stop inviting visitors who need to be impressed. I wonder if the visitors know who owns the courtyard? Shades of Mrs Bucket (pron. Bouquet)

John W
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Rights of Way