Neighbour objecting over my ROW

Re: Neighbour objecting over my ROW

Postby Scrambler » Tue May 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Cintapoppy, I know this is easy to say but harder to do. Try and stop stressing about your neighbours. If everything you describe in your thread is true you have nothing to be concerned about as regards the legal situation.. In particular stop stressing about where you have left your bin at various times. I believe your local council will be well versed in bin wars its a common neighbour issue. If you speak to the relevant department they will come out and advice an exact place where your bin should be placed. (I speak from experience with my council at least) hence removing all room for argument.

(it may have been the bin men emptying your bin that put in a different position ?)

Regarding your worries about having left it on the ROW. Stop worrying you are not going to suddenly find yourself in court. The first action would be to ask you not to leave your bin a position that trespasses on their land. If you stop that's the end of it. Next would be a solicitors letter...if you stop that would be the end of it.

Chin up
Scrambler

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Tue May 30, 2017 1:07 pm

so find an even better set of solicitors in a different town
stop stressing and worrying thats crazy
your neighbours are in the wrong and they should b well know it

find a solicitor who is also Notary Public as they normally only employ really good people

phone the Law Society for ideas

or add at gmx to my name
despair

Postby Cintapoppy1 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi scrambler and despair,
I checked the bin, binmen hadn't been yet, it was still full, and I took a photo of it because it was just too bizarre.
I read several bin wars went to court with £40,000 costs so I am worried since the judges seemed to deal with harshly.
Will get phone call regarding costs from a large solicitor company, experienced in litigation so will probably cost a bomb but may reassure me. In future I put my bin out at the front of my own property ( and a camera should he move it to take photos of it next to his bin, and move it back again - he thinks he is so clever but tipped me off by putting it 3 inches from my door as before. Nothing else makes sense.)

Despair, what do you mean by 'or add gmx to my name' - sorry, I don't understand this.
Many thanks
Cintapoppy
Cintapoppy1

Postby SwitchRich » Wed May 31, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Cintapoppy,
My first post to your ongoing saga here. Sorry to hear you are having troubles using something that is rightfully yours. Collectively you will get the best advice you can hope for right here.
My gut feeling having read most of this thread is to avoid consultation with solicitors etc as they will only take your money and tell you pretty much what you now know having been advised by this forum.
You have a ROW which you can use whenever you want. That is the primary concern here.
Harassment from a bully neighbour is secondary and very unfortunate but something you will have to manage. I'm glad you did not send that letter you typed here because the forum is right! It would only fuel their fire knowing that had gotten to you.

If you are specifically worried about where you leave your bin for emptying, and some clandestine attempt by your neighbour to try and frame you for leaving it in the wrong place. Then assuming you have a front window, I would buy a cheap CCTV camera and have inside and pointed at where you leave your bin. Get one with enough memory to give you a 3 day loop which give you the ability to review and save files if you feel your neighbour has moved you bin etc.

For your crossing of the ROW if things become unbearable and you feel threatened I would buy a GoPro that you can either mount on your body or on your head. Make it obvious that you are recording so they know they cannot harass you anymore. Just be aware you should not point it in their windows! Keep you head down and keep moving. If they come at you then make them aware you are recording because you feel physically threatened.

This is all data collection for use possibly as evidence, but also to send a message that you are STANDING FIRM for your rights and will not be pushed around!
Showing weakness will only make them stronger.

Good luck and keep us updated if you can! :)

Rich
SwitchRich

Postby despair » Wed May 31, 2017 10:58 am

totally and utterly agree Switchrich
cintapoppy needs to harden her heart and start to learn how to deal with and totally ignore the stupid antics of serial bully neighbours
once they realise you could care less about their harassment the better it will be

i am well aware how gut wrenching it can be but with the aid of "les miserables" songs and visualisation its amazing how quickly these jerks become the pathetic morons they are with nothing better to occupy their tiny minds
despair

Postby Cintapoppy1 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi guys, thank you for coming back to me.

I don't think this is about the ROW anymore - they had legal advice, built a fence, were told to 'log any incidents' and now try to frame me by planting evidence or making up incidents. If it was about the ROW I would now just get a letter from a solicitor saying my use of blabblahs reasonable, OR a letter from their solicitor saying my use was unreasonable.

I now have so many cameras to cover my a...., I don't know what to check first. They will not have any photos of me doing something wrong but they are observing me so I don't now dare to use the ROW in case they quickly come out after I am through the gate, smash a pot or two, take a photo and say it was me whilst going through on that day at that time, backed up by my own camera that I went through on that day at that time (although it won't show the supposed trailed of my destruction behind me.) Short from videoing myself back, side, front when I walk through I have no counter-evidence that I didn't do it. But, they will have no pictures of ME doing it either.

I had a quote from solicitors, they want £2400 on account, and a jumble of hourly charges. £1500-2000 +vat to review documentation, provide initial advice and information about what next step to take. New client £2000 +vat on accounts.
Kind regards
Cintapoppy1

Postby despair » Wed May 31, 2017 4:06 pm

What a thoroughly nasty evil pair of bullies you live next to
they now have u exactly where they want u not using the ROW
and u have fallen 4 their game

gmx is an email provider BTW
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Rights of Way