Gate into my garden

Re: Gate into my garden

Postby Eliza » Mon May 15, 2017 4:13 pm

If the neighbour really believed he had a ROW - then surely he would exercise it regularly (and not just when OP is on holiday)?

In OP's position then I think it might be a useful idea to think "If there IS a ROW, then it goes both ways" and I would exercise ROW back at him across his garden. That is one of the ways I dealt with neighbours trying to create a (non-existent in this case) ROW across my garden. I just thought "If they can come across my garden, then that means I can go across their garden".

They soon realised that it would go either both ways or neither and I would be deliberately going across their garden every time I noticed them going across mine. It was one of the ways I've managed to keep them out of my garden.
Apologies for not giving exact personal details in my posts - you never know who is reading....
Eliza

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am

Eliza wrote:If the neighbour really believed he had a ROW - then surely he would exercise it regularly (and not just when OP is on holiday)?

In OP's position then I think it might be a useful idea to think "If there IS a ROW, then it goes both ways" and I would exercise ROW back at him across his garden. That is one of the ways I dealt with neighbours trying to create a (non-existent in this case) ROW across my garden. I just thought "If they can come across my garden, then that means I can go across their garden".

They soon realised that it would go either both ways or neither and I would be deliberately going across their garden every time I noticed them going across mine. It was one of the ways I've managed to keep them out of my garden.

It's well seen how you have created so many problems for yourself and your neighbours, your perception of how easements operate is vastly flawed!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Collaborate » Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 am

arborlad wrote:
Eliza wrote:If the neighbour really believed he had a ROW - then surely he would exercise it regularly (and not just when OP is on holiday)?

It's well seen how you have created so many problems for yourself and your neighbours, your perception of how easements operate is vastly flawed!

The only thing I can well see is how you seem to not hesitate to respond to many of Eliza's posts with personal insults. FFS give it a rest.
Collaborate

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 am

Hi John the Clay,

I am the end terrace without access to the alley which is 4 houses away

how do you access your back garden?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Previous

Return to Rights of Way