Gate through to private road

Re: Gate through to private road

Postby jonahinoz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi,

OT ... but relevant to one aspect of earlier correspondence ... although I am sure that the "loophole" will not be needed.

Following a heated discussion with a man who was mowing a canal tow-path (my dog was seen to go through the motions, but did not actually produce any motions, possibly enlarged prostate) I "done a Google".

It seems that anybody who is registered blind is excused from having to pick up their dogs "exhaust". Also, roads with speed limits in excess of 40mph are outside the Act. The towpath was within the Act ... if there had been anything to pick-up.

John W
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby heegeebeegee » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 am

It seems that anybody who is registered blind is excused from having to pick up their dogs "exhaust". Also, roads with speed limits in excess of 40mph are outside the Act. The towpath was within the Act ... if there had been anything to pick-up.

A ambassadors for all dogs but guide dogs in particular my wife and I always make sure that any "exhaust" is swiftly and completely dealt with. That way there is no bad publicity.

It's bad enough having shop owners and taxis who refuse guide dogs' access, most notably a shop owner in Fairbourne recently, the convicted embezzler and sham preacher the Irreverend Bob North, who told THE LOCAL PAPER that "dogs do terrible things"!
heegeebeegee

Postby mugwump » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:54 am

jonahinoz wrote:Hi,

OT ... but relevant to one aspect of earlier correspondence ... although I am sure that the "loophole" will not be needed.

Following a heated discussion with a man who was mowing a canal tow-path (my dog was seen to go through the motions, but did not actually produce any motions, possibly enlarged prostate) I "done a Google".

John W

Which Act would that be?
mugwump

Postby jdfi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:23 pm

The bottom FAQ at http://www.environmentlaw.org.uk/rte.asp?id=278 raises an issue I hadn't thought about: is the width of the private right of way different to the width of the strip of land?
jdfi

Previous

Return to Rights of Way