Data Protection Act (Personal)

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Data Protection Act (Personal)

Postby Angelisle » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:32 am

I thought this might be of interest as the availability of information someone may require, due to the Data Protection Act is not always readily available.
The Act is to ensure that people comply with eight principles.
1, The information to be contained in personal data shall be obtained, and personal data shall be processed, fairly and lawfully.
2, Personal data shall be held only for one or more specified and lawful purposes.
3, Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall not be used or disclosed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
4, Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to that purpose or those purposes.
5, Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
6, Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
7, An individual shall be entitled, at reasonable intervals and without undue delay or expense, to be informed by any data user whether he holds personal data of which that individual is the subject; and to access to any such data held by a data user; and, where appropriate, to have such data corrected or erased.
8, Appropriate security measures shall be taken against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of, personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of personal data.
Angelisle

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Data Protection Act (Personal)

Postby CaptainBill » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:22 am

Hello,

My 1st post!

My neighbour has made several vexacious allegations to the council, with regards to a. noise, b. wheelie bins, c. trailer positions - all amounted to no action with the council - I suspect that they have made further allegations, but the council depts have not contacted me about those (I suspect building control, as we've put a conservatory up and also a childs playhouse).

Can I place a request to the council, to see what allegations and complaints the neighbour has made? Am I legally allowed to see them?

Thanks
CaptainBill

Re: Data Protection Act (Personal)

Postby jonahinoz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 am

Hi Captain Bill,

Years have passed.

My understanding is that you are entitled to see anything which the LA has on file (computer or otherwise) about you.

John W
jonahinoz

Return to General Topics