My plants are dying

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

My plants are dying

Postby JaniceJoplin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:31 am

Hello, everyone I am new to this site and wonder if you can help me.

I have a nasty neighbour who has been spraying my garden with some sort of chemical which kills my plants. I previously called the police out and although they sympathise they need definite proof that it is the neighbours. Victim support can only offer me a dummy camera to put up. I have contacted environmental health but they are not interested. I can’t catch them on CCTV as they do this spraying at the back of their house with some sort of spray gun and to catch them I would have to have a camera aiming into their garden. Initially the smell was very strong but since calling the police out I think they may have watered it down as it doesn’t smell so much.
I have started keeping photos before and after of the plants. I have also noticed my lawn near the plants has yellow patches in places even though I don’t have a dog or a petrol/diesel lawnmower that might leak. My apple tree is looking very distressed with no branches on the neighbour’s side. The apple tree branches have never overhung the neighbours garden nor do I have anything overhanging his garden.

Although I am an older lady I am very hands on with my garden crawling around amongst the plants but in the five years I have lived here my lungs are deteriorating - I wonder if this is due to the chemical spray I have inhaled.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you Janice
JaniceJoplin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: My plants are dying

Postby APC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 am

Morning,
Have you seen them spraying?
Can you compare the smell to anything else?
Are you watering your garden/tree?
Have you noticed any residue in the soil?
Have you seen your doctor about your chest?
APC

Postby Collaborate » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:01 am

I'd get a proper camera set up trained on that area if I were you. As long as it's aimed at the boundary fence then it matters not that it captures the space above it.
Collaborate

Postby SarahSue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am

The police will not do anything without clear CCTV evidence. I know about the rules regarding where you can and can't train your CCTV but a camera could be trained mostly on your land and still pick up the neighbour, assuming they were spraying your plants. I would also be inclined to put in some kind of pots or containers amongst the plants that would pick up the weedkiller say, even minute amounts as proof.
SarahSue

Postby JaniceJoplin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Thank you very much for all your replies. I will one day catch them on camera. The pots to catch any spray is a good idea. It is a very strong smell - a bit like diesel with something else mixed in.
JaniceJoplin

Postby despair » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:40 am

What height is your fence they are spraying over

What possible reason could they have for this behaviour
despair

Postby arborlad » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:51 am

JaniceJoplin wrote:Hello, everyone I am new to this site and wonder if you can help me.

I have a nasty neighbour who has been spraying my garden with some sort of chemical which kills my plants. I previously called the police out and although they sympathise they need definite proof that it is the neighbours. Victim support can only offer me a dummy camera to put up. I have contacted environmental health but they are not interested. I can’t catch them on CCTV as they do this spraying at the back of their house with some sort of spray gun and to catch them I would have to have a camera aiming into their garden. Initially the smell was very strong but since calling the police out I think they may have watered it down as it doesn’t smell so much.
I have started keeping photos before and after of the plants. I have also noticed my lawn near the plants has yellow patches in places even though I don’t have a dog or a petrol/diesel lawnmower that might leak. My apple tree is looking very distressed with no branches on the neighbour’s side. The apple tree branches have never overhung the neighbours garden nor do I have anything overhanging his garden.

Although I am an older lady I am very hands on with my garden crawling around amongst the plants but in the five years I have lived here my lungs are deteriorating - I wonder if this is due to the chemical spray I have inhaled.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you Janice

We've used these people in the past for soil and plant analysis: https://www.bartletttree.co.uk there is a cost involved but where your health and wellbeing are concerned, well worth considering.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to General Topics