A forum tech question - notification of new replies

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

A forum tech question - notification of new replies

Postby Doctor John » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong section for this. I'm a new member here and have already benefitted from some extremely helpful advice on my boundary problem, so many thanks to all who responded.

I'd like to set up email notification of new posts in my thread but I can't see how to do it. I've ticked the "subscribe" button at the foot of the posts but that clearly isn't enough. I looked in my profile and settings but there doesn't seem to be anything there to select a notification preference.

Sorry if I'm missing something very obvious, but I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction. Many thanks.
Doctor John

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: A forum tech question - notification of new replies

Postby Doctor John » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:12 pm

I believe I can answer my own question: I found an option in my profile preferences: "Notify me by default: YES/NO". It was set to NO, so I changed it. I can't be sure until someone does actually post a response to one of my posts but I'm hopeful that it will work.

Apologies. But just possibly someone else might one day profit from my short-sightedness.
Doctor John

Postby Doctor John » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Well, it appears that I was wrong: I've had two new replies but not received any email notifications. If anyone can tell me how to turn them on I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.
Doctor John

Postby ukmicky » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Below the reply window that you type into are 5 tick boxes, one of them says

Notify me when a reply is posted
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby Doctor John » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:01 am

Ukmicky,

Thanks for that, but in fact I have that box ticked on both of my current threads. The odd thing is that now I have received one - and just one - notification: for your post here.

Perhaps it's just a glitch at my end.
Doctor John

Return to General Topics