Wayleave agreement for allowing neighbour access

This forum is for Garden Law problems that don't fit into the other categories. Please treat it with respect.

Moderator: Angelisle

Wayleave agreement for allowing neighbour access

Postby annie08 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:59 am

A property next door is being refurbished by a developer. It is a stone built property and our driveway is adjacent to their gable end. To repoint it they need to erect scaffolding on our drive for four weeks. Although we will still be able use the drive we will not be able to shut and lock our farm gate at night therefore compromising our security. Would it be sensible to negotiate a wayleave agreement for this?I have read of situations where scaffolding has gone up for an agreed time and then remained over time with the homeowner unable to do anything about it.

Thanks in anticipation.
annie08

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Wayleave agreement for allowing neighbour access

Postby jonahinoz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi Annie,

My experience was that the scaffolding I paid for remained in place (at no extra cost to me) until it was required elsewhere.

It was obstructing me doing other work, so eventually I dismantled it myself ... which was probably rather naughty of me.

Should you agree with the scaffolder that he pays you a weekly sum to have his scaffold on your land? Dunno!

John W
jonahinoz

Postby stufe35 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:50 am

Agree a fixed fee for the 4 weeks even if they finish early , paid up front, then have a higher rate per day for any over run.....http://www.sheeleyassociates.co.uk/news ... he-basics/

Google access licence.
stufe35

Postby annie08 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Thanks for your replies. Nothing resolved as yet because they now say it will be some time before they need to put scaffolding up on our drive.

However we have another issue. They have erected scaffolding either side of the rear stone boundary wall in order to raise it. At the right hand corner our lean to green house is supported by the rear wall and the right hand wall. The initial plan was to over sail the green house by placing scaffolding on their land and scaffolding on our patio which is immediately in front of the greenhouse (running south to north). To save money they have instead, without permission, oversailed it by running scaffolding from the left of the greenhouse on to the top of the right hand party wall (west to east) the ownership of which we share with a different neighbour. We have had several issues with the developers over recent months as their development is impacting on us significantly and it is really irritating that they feel they can ride roughshod over us and do exactly as they want. Basically they are trespassing and we like them to remove the scaffolding and revert to the original plan. I think we are within our rights to ask them to revert to the original plan?
annie08

Return to General Topics