FSC Eucalyptus Garden Furniture ............water ingress ??

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 pm

whis4ey wrote:But surely the natural aging of teak simply adds character?

I think it does, but then I don’t like pale wood. We almost bought new teak chairs the other day but have decided to fix our old ones instead, we would have only stained the new ones to match the table. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby koberonn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 pm

i actually try the Mesh Various garden furniture..

Postby kaushik » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 am

Hi,
I have Garden Furniture from Alexander-francis and I found it to be really good. But I havn't really heard of eucalyptus furniture, maybe you will find it in [url]http://www.alexander-francis.co.uk/ale/furniture-range
[/url]
kaushik

Postby kaushik » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:35 am

kaushik wrote:Hi,
I have Garden Furniture from Alexander-francis and I found it to be really good. But I havn't really heard of eucalyptus furniture, maybe you will find it in [url]http://www.alexander-francis.co.uk/ale/furniture-range
[/url]
kaushik

Postby kaushik » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:39 am

Hi,
I have Garden Furniture from alexander-francis and I found it to be very good. I dont know about eucalyptus, maybe they have it there.
[url]http://www.alexander-francis.co.uk/ale/furniture-range
[/url]
kaushik

Re: FSC Eucalyptus Garden Furniture ............water ingres

Postby Blaze » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Wrought iron patio furniture is thought to be one of the most sturdy and the heaviest Cast Iron Patio Furniture choices. If cared for properly, it will last for years to come. Wrought iron is made when round or square iron bars are heated over a hot flame, and then manipulated into different shapes.
Blaze

Postby Rowan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm

More spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rowan

Postby Quinten » Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 am

You can try Bistro or wrought iron furniture...
Quinten

Postby kiila » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:41 am

Can you show me a nice sample of wooden furniture?
kiila

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 pm

kiila wrote:Can you show me a nice sample of wooden furniture?

http://myhomed.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... Hunt-1.jpg
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Alicia » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:27 pm

We buy hardwood garden furniture and then do nothing to it. It's already lasted more than ten years. It goes a silver grey colour. This approach is the same as is used by The National Trust. It doesn't take any time or cost any money. As long as hardwood is given an opportunity to dry out after it gets wet (ie don't park your bench under a dripping gutter) then it will last for years. We don't paint fences either.
_..--''(__..--''(__..--''(__..--''(__..--''(__..--''(__..--''(__
Alicia

Postby matthewlewis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 am

If your garden furniture is made of wood, make it a habit to regularly check for splintered wood or cracks. They can wound you if left un-repaired. If your garden furniture is made of metal, regularly check for rust. It is easier to treat smaller corrosion spots, so don't wait for them to become bigger and obvious. You may have to replace the whole set if this happens.
matthewlewis

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 am

matthewlewis wrote:If your garden furniture is made of wood, make it a habit to regularly check for splintered wood or cracks. They can wound you if left un-repaired. If your garden furniture is made of metal, regularly check for rust. It is easier to treat smaller corrosion spots, so don't wait for them to become bigger and obvious. You may have to replace the whole set if this happens.

Solid wood furniture is the best in my opinion. You can fix it, sand it, plane it, oil it, stain it, paint it for decades. I think wood is the most beautiful material on the planet. When you are done with your table and chairs, it makes a good bonfire. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Your Garden