hedge which is clearly planted in my garden.

hedge which is clearly planted in my garden.

Postby mattloeb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi Al
a problem has arisen that my neighbour has sent letters from his solictor claiming i have destroyed his hedge by 5 metres.
i have never seen my neighbour for the 6 years i have been living in my house as it has always had tenants occupying it.
i think the problem started last year when when i applied for a single story extension which he objected on.
i started building work in Novemeber with out any problems until last week with the letter.
he has claimed damages of 5 meters of hedge. a five meter wooden fence and a raspberry bush.
before work commenced i took photos of his garden as i informed the tenants that i will replace anything that gets damaged from my cost my mouth.
there was no 5 metere wooden fence or a raspberry bush. even google photos you can see that they are not there.
i forward some photo graphs of the hedge that he claims to be his.

to the left is my garden and the green lawn to the right is his garden.
http://imageshack.com/a/img910/7559/3q7dXl.jpg

i think that the little slabs are his boudary lines.
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5498/zIBbus.jpg

the hedge which is maintained on his side
http://imageshack.com/a/img633/2493/O6cmHQ.jpg

roots of the hedge that we had to cut down. also showing the slabs which are his boundary. you can also see my extension which angles out to the party wall.

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/9224/3TfVY2.jpg
IMG_20160120_140920.jpg
any help would be really appreiciated.
i have had a boundary dispute surveyor out who will have a report ready in the next few days. when he saw the hedges he did laugh. this has just been a cost that i didnt nee
if it proves that they are my hedges and are about 1 metere at the furthest in my boundary to 1ft the shortest what can i do with them.
thanks you once again.
Last edited by mattloeb on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
mattloeb

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: hedge which is clearly planted in my garden.

Postby mattloeb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:37 pm

sorry but i tried to show thephotos via image shack and looks like they didnt post up. i will try again but if someone knows how to then please do.
mattloeb

Postby arborlad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:58 pm

mattloeb wrote:i have had a boundary dispute surveyor out who will have a report ready in the next few days. when he saw the hedges he did laugh. this has just been a cost that i didnt nee
if it proves that they are my hedges and are about 1 metere at the furthest in my boundary to 1ft the shortest what can i do with them.
thanks you once again.

In circumstances like these you need to measure to the edge or centre of the root, using the ordinary sideways growth of the hedge will give a misleading result.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby mattloeb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:02 pm

the surveyor measured from the party wall. our houses are built with a step. everyhouse on the street is higher than the next as its on a hill so the top part of the house as a staright wall going up to a lower slated roof to the next house.. if you were to look at the party wall those slabs of concrete are on the boundary of the houses.
mattloeb

Postby arborlad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:07 pm

mattloeb wrote:the surveyor measured from the party wall. our houses are built with a step. everyhouse on the street is higher than the next as its on a hill so the top part of the house as a staright wall going up to a lower slated roof to the next house.. if you were to look at the party wall those slabs of concrete are on the boundary of the houses.

The way the slabs are laid and haunched, plus the raised lawn level, gives the impression they are there as a retaining feature. No reason why boundary and retaining features can't be one and the same, perhaps you could share the surveyors plan - anonamised - when you receive it.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby mattloeb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:10 am

Hopefully should have a report from them by end if this week. Will post findings and take it from there.
mattloeb

Return to Hedges