TPO ON Large tree in Small Garden

Re: TPO ON Large tree in Small Garden

Postby arsie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:13 am

While waiting, here is a nice gin cocktail recipe: 4 fl oz gin; 4 fl oz curacao (triple sec); 8 fl oz orange with mango juice; half a fresh lemon and half a fresh lime juiced up. Shake up with a bunch of ice cubes. Drink quickly before the ice melts completely to dilute the experience ...

Actually we have stopped this habit - it's very more ish - in view of the latest nanny advice from HMG ;)
arsie

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Janieb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Several of those (even just two) and you won't care.
"I prefer rogues to imbeciles, because they sometimes take a rest" Alexandre Dumas (fils)
Janieb

Postby raygin9 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm

OUCH !
Got quote and advice
£1500 to reduce overall by 3 x metres if PTO Officer agrees. General consensus is - no chance of having the tree removed :(

So taking arsie's advice and having a few of his cocktails whilst thinking of next move :wink:
raygin9

Postby TO » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:52 am

Hi Raygin9

The only person you are not talking to is the one you really should be talking to. The councils tree officer. It is they who will decide what works, if any, are acceptable.

At the end of the day you can apply for whatever you want. If your application is refused, appeal. However, make sure you have a good case and state it in your application as this will form your grounds of appeal.

Make your next move, the one which should have been your first. Contact the councils tree officer.

TO
TO

Postby Collaborate » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 am

I would second TO's advice. I have found my local tree officer very helpful in diagnosing a fungal infection to the protected tree in my garden, and helpful in explaining the best way to apply to get it taken down if necessary.
Collaborate

Postby arsie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:37 am

+1 contact your tree officer to discuss maintenance of the tree. Our neighbour's old ash used to drop some debris in gales so a general prune might be in order as well as the 3m trim. Ask the neighbours who are also affected - they might share the costs. Depending what the tree officer says, I would also get a couple more quotes for the work. He might have some (off the record) opinions on prices.
arsie

Postby raygin9 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks' all - will keep posted as things develope
raygin9

Postby raygin9 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Just a quick update to show this post is still live. Had forms rejected by council on ''Technicalities'' submitted again but finding this council not helpful and possibly staffed by most of the countries ''jobsworths'' also - interestingly - told to contact them if they had not answered in the statutory 8 x weeks !!! period.
So (not that they would ?) they could put it in a drawer, ignore it for 8 x weeks - then I have to remind them to attend to it :shock:
But I will persevere .....
raygin9

Postby raymilland » Wed May 25, 2016 8:53 pm

raygin9 wrote:Just a quick update to show this post is still live. Had forms rejected by council on ''Technicalities'' submitted again but finding this council not helpful and possibly staffed by most of the countries ''jobsworths'' also - interestingly - told to contact them if they had not answered in the statutory 8 x weeks !!! period.
So (not that they would ?) they could put it in a drawer, ignore it for 8 x weeks - then I have to remind them to attend to it :shock:
But I will persevere .....

That's a little vague. Any chance we could see your application and council's actual response? You could redact any personal details.
raymilland

Postby APC » Sat May 28, 2016 8:57 am

I'm guessing you haven't put all the required information onto the form. This is a legal requirement and would reflect badly on the council should the application be refused and go to appeal.

Commonly missed information is a clear specification, not just "tree needs trimming", reason for the work or you have alleged a safety issue which you have not backed up with evidence.

As above, feel free to upload your app form or copy your specification and we might be able to assist. I'm guessing though that you have received a letter to say why it's still invalid though?
APC

Postby raygin9 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Still Awaiting Response From Council - Glad they are not the fire brigade :lol:
raygin9

Postby TO » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 pm

raygin9 wrote:Still Awaiting Response From Council - Glad they are not the fire brigade
Eight weeks isn't up. If you want to see what's happening give them a call.
TO

Postby APC » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:55 am

You're in a queue.

Many councils will not visit a site until the neighbour consultation has ended (21 or 28 days or thereabouts). So that takes you to end of June. Then there's the site visit, writing the report, getting it signed off and issuing the decision.

Don't call them up until 8 weeks is up as this is one of the biggest time wasting calls they get.
APC

Postby raygin9 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:28 pm

UPDATE
No phone call - no visit - Just a very short formal letter refusing permission for the reduction of 3 meters as suggested by my tree surgeon, to the volume of the tree and an invite to contact the secretary for state if I'm not happy :cry:
going to have a think about next step :?:
raygin9

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Trees