Advise needed please

Advise needed please

Postby keepingfitgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:10 pm

My neighbour is upset regarding a gutter down pipe and waste pipe we have had to move as we have had an extension built.

We live in mid terraced house and my neighbour is end of terrace, their house abuts mine so sits back further than mine and is like a wall in my garden if you see what I mean.

He is saying the pipes are attached to his house, which they are not. They are next to it and cemented into the ground in my land. They do touch his wall slightly big are no means fixed to his wall.

He's demanding we move them. Can he demand this seeing as this is all on my land and not fixed to his house?

Thankyou in advance
keepingfitgirl

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Advise needed please

Postby keepingfitgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Last edited by keepingfitgirl on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepingfitgirl

Postby keepingfitgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:18 pm

keepingfitgirl

Postby keepingfitgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:21 pm

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Keepi ... sort=3&o=6

This pic is before extension built and before pipes were moved to just show you how the neighbours house is set back more to mine and part of their house is like a wall in my garden
keepingfitgirl

Postby MacadamB53 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi keepfitgirl,

Can he demand this seeing as this is all on my land and not fixed to his house?

no - but you mentioned it as bein screwed to his wall in your other recent thread?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby keepingfitgirl » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:53 pm

It was originally but we took the bracket and screws off a few months ago as didn't realise this was going to cause offence.
Nothing is fixed anymore but they still want them moved
keepingfitgirl

Postby keepingfitgirl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:55 pm

can anyone please tell me if this part of wall which happens to be next doors house but it abuts so faces into my garden is a party wall or not?
the surveyors report from the neigbour says its a party wall and therefore the pipe that "WAS" attached at the time he surveyed is trespassing. however we have removed the screws and bracket so is no longer attached, however my neighbour is demanding them being moved still as if they burst could damage "his wall" , its only a gutter pipe that collects rainwater from mine and his house as we are terraced and the other is my soil pipe which has to go somewhere there as my bathroom is right above.
we have had building control out every step of the way with our extension they have seen all the works we have done and the new soak away underground in the middle of my garden and not once pointed out anything is wrong.

Can my neigbour demand pipes be moved even though they are in my land and not attached anymore to his wall?

thankyou in advance
keepingfitgirl

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi keepingfitgirl,

I've already given you an answer - it's "no".

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Walls