Boundary dispute and remortgage

Re: Boundary dispute and remortgage

Postby arborlad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:44 pm

arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby baskingbee » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm

baskingbee wrote:My neighbour and I continue to be in dispute resulting in the neighbour entering the disputed area and moving plants etc out of it. Also, the neighbour has to enter undisputed areas to access some of the disputed area to move things. Surely, this cannot be right. I really don't know how to handle this. I can keep moving things back but it seems ridiculous..... but I feel very unnerved about her entering all areas of my garden.

This is just happening day after day. I put everything back, neighbour moves everything. I am not sure how to handle this. Thanks for any input.
baskingbee

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi baskingbee,

could you not just lock her out?

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby SwitchRich » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Why not fence it off then?
SwitchRich

Postby baskingbee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Eveyone

As a follow up to my previous posts on this matter I am waiting for the LR to send a surveyor in response to my application for adverse possession. What does the surveyor take into account on this visit?

Thank you
baskingbee

Postby Primed101 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:01 pm

From when I did an AP on my property, I remember that the neighbouring properties got a letter asking whether they objected etc.

I supplied lots of pictures to the surveyor and he was shown round the bit of land that I was asking for (which was fenced off with a brick fence) and I showed him older pictures to prove it had been like that for ages.

That was about it, solicitor got a letter a few weeks later to confirm that the land had now been registered with the rest of my property.

My advise would be to have any pictures, documents etc available to show the surveyor that the land is part of your property and you have been using it as such without any issues, if LR do send letters, then I imagine your neighbour may well dispute the AP so your case would be stronger with all the additional information.

Primed
Primed101

Postby baskingbee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Primed101 wrote:From when I did an AP on my property, I remember that the neighbouring properties got a letter asking whether they objected etc.

I supplied lots of pictures to the surveyor and he was shown round the bit of land that I was asking for (which was fenced off with a brick fence) and I showed him older pictures to prove it had been like that for ages.

That was about it, solicitor got a letter a few weeks later to confirm that the land had now been registered with the rest of my property.

My advise would be to have any pictures, documents etc available to show the surveyor that the land is part of your property and you have been using it as such without any issues, if LR do send letters, then I imagine your neighbour may well dispute the AP so your case would be stronger with all the additional information.

Primed

Thank you. I have provided evidence in the form of a written statement from myself and the previous owner of the property as well as photographs of the garden and how it has trees and bushes etc growing in the disputed area. I hope this will be enough. I didn't think the surveyor was allowed to speak to you .. is that the case? Thanks
baskingbee

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Boundaries