Leylandii - how to spot them

Leylandii - how to spot them

Postby ajay3bee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi,

I live in a mid-terraced Victorian property. My new next door neighbour has just planted 7 conifers in his front garden along the inside edge of the wall.

Apart from making my front garden a lot darker, he has trimmed them to the right height, but I'm concerned (a) that they are Leylandii, he says he can't remember, they're just conifers (which I find strange because he must have some sort of receipt from the company from which he purchased them and (b) just how close they are planted to the houses.

So first question is, any thoughts on how I can find out if they are Leylandii? Are there any tell tale clues I should look for that would identify it from any other conifer?

Secondly I have uploaded a photo showing how close the final tree has been planted to both properties. Is there any legislation on how close is too close for these trees?

Leylandii.jpg

Thanks,
AJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajay3bee

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Leylandii - how to spot them

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi AJ,

although I too would not be best pleased if my neighbour did something like you've described, he's not done anything unlawful or illegal nor can you rely on any legislation to force him to move/remove the trees.

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Return to Hedges