Boundaries fence

Boundaries fence

Postby Mrhalls » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I want to get a fence put up between the two garages, but I'm confused about the boundary it lies. Atm between the two garages its a small wall (party wall) with a drain pipe in the middle we both share and line of bricks going to the end of the drive dividing it.
I don't feel comfortable about open drive way and my neighbour park so close and swings his door on to our drive and walks sometime on our side. find that rude as its our driveway not his pathway of exit, before I confront my neighbour on fencing I need to exact where I stand .
According to title plan I applied online it says it not accurate map layout eg to scale. We have no deeds according to land register which refer to boundaries . We found all architect drawing from 1980 when both our garages were built inc my neighbours, it says boundary line is end of the wall, so its his wall, where our garage opens on, not sure if can use that to determine. He had a extension done top of the garage and built straight up the garage party wall.
Are the building boundaries same are garden boundaries ?
Mrhalls

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Boundaries fence

Postby jdfi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:37 pm

[quote="Mrhalls"and my neighbour park so close and swings his door on to our drive and walks sometime on our side. [/quote]

He may well have acquired the right to do both.
jdfi

Postby Collaborate » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Forget about any rights he"might" have obtained. Just take a line from the centre of the party wall and carry on that line to the front of the two plots. Go ahead and build your fence abutting your side of that boundary line. Don't run it by the neighbour first. Just do it. If you mention it to him first there's a good chance he'll think you're asking for his permission, which you don't need in the absence of an unverified, unclaimed and undocumented right to exit his car over your side of the boundary.
Collaborate

Postby Mrhalls » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 am

What if he say after or during when I built it that you built over my boundary. Can he have the power, to get me to have it removed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mrhalls

Postby arborlad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 am

Mrhalls wrote:I want to get a fence put up between the two garages, but I'm confused about the boundary it lies. Atm between the two garages its a small wall (party wall) with a drain pipe in the middle we both share and line of bricks going to the end of the drive dividing it.

Absent any other information, that line of bricks is the established boundary feature, can they be identified to one property?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Mrhalls » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 am

Front house drawing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mrhalls

Postby Mrhalls » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am

arborlad wrote:
Mrhalls wrote:I want to get a fence put up between the two garages, but I'm confused about the boundary it lies. Atm between the two garages its a small wall (party wall) with a drain pipe in the middle we both share and line of bricks going to the end of the drive dividing it.

Absent any other information, that line of bricks is the established boundary feature, can they be identified to one property?

This is the current view of how things are.
Mrhalls

Postby Collaborate » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:37 am

I don't see from that picture why there might be any room for doubt.

I presume that the line of bricks between the 2 garages is a party wall. That being the case the boundary at the front will be a line from the middle of that wall to the pavement, at a right angle to the houses.

When the house on the right laid their drive the kerb was placed straddling the boundary line.

You can only build a fence straddling the boundary line with your neighbour's consent. If they don't consent, and you'd rather not ask for it anyway, you can build it so that it is up to, but not crossing, the boundary line.
Collaborate

Postby Mrhalls » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am

Collaborate wrote:I don't see from that picture why there might be any room for doubt.

I presume that the line of bricks between the 2 garages is a party wall. That being the case the boundary at the front will be a line from the middle of that wall to the pavement, at a right angle to the houses.

When the house on the right laid their drive the kerb was placed straddling the boundary line.

You can only build a fence straddling the boundary line with your neighbour's consent. If they don't consent, and you'd rather not ask for it anyway, you can build it so that it is up to, but not crossing, the boundary line.

When he built his garage 2storey extension he seemed to have built straight to the end of the brick wall. originally the garage roofs was joined with ours but it his higher now since his extension. our garage roof is now cut off against the wall. So he built right up to the boundary wall, not sure if he was allowed to do that or not. as it suppose to be cut off near the gutter pipe? Which was one reason confused me why the driveway divider was half way.
Mrhalls

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi Mrhalls,

build a fence on your side of the raised kerb stones - there can be no doubt this is on your land.
build any further out and you're almost certainly crossing the boundary so would need to discuss with the neighbour.

given the space available you might want to consider something like a roll of reed screening bound to a row of steel fencing pins.

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 pm

arborlad wrote:

Unless there was some prior and documented agreement, the bricks aren't yours or shared - they belong wholly to the neighbour. They're poorly done and trespass on your land, but you've almost certainly lost the opportunity to action this matter.

Collaborate wrote:I don't see from that picture why there might be any room for doubt.

There is a presumption that boundaries will be straight, there is no such presumption for the angle of that boundary.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am

Mrhalls wrote: We found all architect drawing from 1980 when both our garages were built inc my neighbours, it says boundary line is end of the wall, so its his wall,............

Can you post the exact wording of this please.
arborlad

arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Boundaries