Hedge height and a Restrictive Covenant

Hedge height and a Restrictive Covenant

Postby FocusDad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 pm

We have a large hedge at the front of our property, it was in place when we moved in.

I notice the following restrictive covenant in our “Official copy of register of title”:

No walls or hedges between the frontage line of the said dwellinghouse and the said new road shall be erected or allowed to grow to a greater height than three feet six inches.”

I remember my solicitor saying that this probably wouldn’t matter as the builder was probably no longer trading, is that the case?

Ultimately we want to remove the hedge and put in a 2 meter high fence, is there anything I need do to ensure I don’t run into any issues with the hedge or the new fence?
FocusDad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Hedge height and a Restrictive Covenant

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi FocusDad,

covenant aside, you mention it's out front so I thought you ought to know that planning permission is required for 2m tall fences if they're adjacent to (near) a highway used by motor vehicles (which includes the pavement beside the actual road).

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Return to Hedges