Boundary fence

Re: Boundary fence

Postby Volumiza » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Mac,

but you cannot paint them as the villain if they challenge what would appear to be unlawful behaviour - I would do the same if I saw someone hopping over a fence

You are of course absolutely right and if the owner of property A (who we get on very well with by the way) or the owner of the field told us to stop then I would hold my hands up and say 'ok, no problem, sorry, won't do it again'.

Thanks,
Vol.
Volumiza

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Volumiza » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:00 pm

hi Aborlad,

The short answer is no - the fence either belongs to A, or more likely the field owner.

Field owner.

I'm assuming the sketch is a very simplified version of the layout of the properties for the purpose of this thread, but I'm struggling to understand how you as D, can have a boundary dispute with B, when your lands don't adjoin

Very simplified example with a slight jiggling of letters and right and left sides. Dream house turned into a nightmare.

Thanks,
Vol.
Volumiza

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Volumiza wrote:Hi Mac,

but you cannot paint them as the villain if they challenge what would appear to be unlawful behaviour - I would do the same if I saw someone hopping over a fence

You are of course absolutely right and if the owner of property A (who we get on very well with by the way) or the owner of the field told us to stop then I would hold my hands up and say 'ok, no problem, sorry, won't do it again'.

Thanks,
Vol.
how likely that they'll challenge you will depend on the characters involved - for instance, a quiet vulnerable individual living alone is unlikely to challenge an aggressive/intimidating individual or even quiet/unassuming individual if they have a volatile family in tow, or they may have been beaten into submission by an entirely different situation and lack the energy/will to challenge.

bottom line, you know you're doing something wrong so you know you shouldn't do it and it shouldn't take a telling off for you to find a lawful way to get to the footpath.

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Volumiza » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi again Mac,

bottom line, you know you're doing something wrong so you know you shouldn't do it and it shouldn't take a telling off for you to find a lawful way to get to the footpath.

Talking myself into jail with this one Mac I can see :) but totally agree.

Neighbour A is no shrinking violet though, very forthright and has no qualms in putting the world to rights and as for the farmer who owns the field, he has people zig-zagging all over that field, on and off the footpath, to get to horses in adjacent fields, it's all very open and communal, like the rest of our village, it really is a nice friendly village. The kids have built an amazing den in the hedge behind the houses which has been there for over a year now. In my view, no one has a problem with any of it other than property B, and only because of the position of the dispute we found ourselves in.

I wouldn't ignore any complaints from the farmer or the owner of A if either of them said anything though, totally within their rights.

Thanks,
Vol.
Volumiza

Previous

Return to Boundaries