Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi apples, thank you for your kind words. Hubby is doing ok, it was a shock, it is so final when someone dies. All your memories of them come flooding back, you remember things you had forgotten about up until they died. Hub's mum is doing very well, she was very prepared I think, he had been in a home for a year. I think she felt like she had lost him a long time ago.

We too have seen a lot of garden spiders, but not many in the house yet. Now I have said that, at least eight hundred eyes will watch me whilst I'm asleep. :lol:
Yes most fears are irrational, spiders is such an irrational fear, you have more chance of being bitten by a ladybird, or eaten alive by ants. Fear of silly little things is just silly. :lol: But spiders are scary, so I'm scared. More scared of a spider, than when I once walked through a field full of bulls, and only realised once I was half way through and had to walk right passed them. Luckily they seemed more afraid of me than I of them...good job! :shock:

I bet your garden looks beautiful, it always does when you show photos. Any jobs you don't get done this year can wait till next year. All chores can wait a while longer unless it is a burst pipe or dead boiler. :o I bet your son has his hands full with his home and garden, kids and kittens..it is a handful. :) I'm sure he would do more if he could. I know hubby gets limited time to do chores for him mum, there's always so much that needs doing, and yet the time to do it all never seems to come.

Oh lucky you being able to get your grass cut, it just won't stop raining for long enough for our lawns to dry out. I need to do our last cut, but no chance yet. I received one lure yesterday, post from Chingland takes so long, but now I have a new lure, I must of course go fishing....for pike!!!! I want to eat a pike to see if it tastes nice, next one I catch is coming home for dinner. I bumped into some guys fishing, they advised me to use live bait, then apparently I will catch loads...but I can't do that...its cruel. :( I think using dead bait is ok, but anything you catch to eat or fish with I think needs to be killed quickly and cleanly. I will be happy to catch nowt, and just enjoy my day. They did show me some of their catches, wow! Huge pike, perch, and zander...ohwowowowww :| Oh well. :lol:

I too am writing lists to santa... Large rat lure, large pike lure, braid, hooks, snap swivels, wire trace, new wellies, sign saying 'sod off, I'm fishing'. Your hubby is very naughty saying decs go up on Boxing day, he must be punished by decs going up on the 26th Nov. :mrgreen:

Have a good weekend. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Will. We hope you and hubby and hubby's mum are ok. It's a sad time for you all. You're right all the memories do come flooding back. It's over thirty years since I lost my dad and ten since I lost my mum, but I still love them and miss them every day. Even now memories just pop into my head.

Have you had some dry weather so you could get your grass cut? We bought 80 pansies, so we had a marathon planting session. :) We found a good nursery last year for the pansies so we went back there. If we'd left it any longer they would have been sold out. They close in the middle of October or when they're sold out, whichever happens first. You're right about the jobs In the garden, they can wait. The only thing is the job to do list gets longer every year. Burst pipes are an absolute nightmare to me. Hubby said to ask if you fancy moving next door to us then hubby could sort our plumbing out. :) We know our son would come and help if we we're really stuck. He'll dig us out in the winter if we're snowed in, but there are only so many hours in the day.

I walked through a spider's web today and a big spider fell on my arm. :shock: I was very brave and didn't shout very loud.
We had to get the pest control man out yesterday as we had a wasps' nest and the wasps were getting agitated.

I hope you manage to catch a Pike. I think using live bait is cruel too. It sounds like you've got your Christmas list organised. :lol:

We still have our escapee hen. Pirate is frightened of him. We don't see much of Cuddles these days, and when he does come he isn't hungry so someone else must be looking after him.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:21 am

Hi apples, hope you and Mr apples are well. We went to hubby's dads funeral last week, lots of people turned up for it which made his mums day. Hub's mum never cried, not at any point which was weird. I think she was releived that he had passed because he had no quality of life for a year, but I have never known anyone not cry at a funeral when they were so close to the deceased. :? I am glad its over now, I was really happy to get home and give our Rudey lots of cuddles.

I went fishing yesterday but didn't catch anything, weirdly some anglers baiting the water were having no luck either. Those who live bait catch lots, but I won't do that. I still had a lovely time, had one bite, but no fishy on a dishy.

Hubby is still working on the garage, he has been slowed down by everything being a bit trickier than expected. We had a friend come over to help him fit a vice to a worktop, but that became more complicated than he thought it would be so that didn't happen. I am not sure it will be finished by Christmas, but there's no rush. I am just looking forward to having a work bench. :D

You did buy loads of pansies! It must have taken you all day to plant that lot. It will look very pretty I'm sure. Our geraniums, lobelia and impatiens are still going. I won't need to plant anything until spring. I don't bother with flowers over winter. I need to cut our grass again, it is growing fast. No sign of winter yet! Not cold anyway.

A storm is heading our way, there's no daylight here at all. I'm hoping there isn't any storm damage after the winds, I doubt I will be walking today if they do get up to 80 miles per hour! :shock:

I had an awful nightmare last night, I was being murdered by a clown...like the one from IT. I was in a creepy house, it was text book scary. But no spiders involved. I have fears which are typical, but I cannot ever get over them. I have tried exposure therapy of sorts, exposing myself to what scares me. But it doesn't work! I tried to stroke a spider in the garden yesterday, but I jumped away when it moved. Other fears you wouldn't get over, I think fearing clowns and being murdered is not a fear you can beat. I watch what I know I am frightened of the most, but it doesn't make the fear go away. Some beleive if you expose yourself to a fear for long enough, or find a funny way to see how the fear is irrational, you will get over it ... I am living proof this does not work. :lol:

If we move in next door to you, hub can fix things for you, and you can come and deal with spiders. :lol:

A baby hedgehog visits our garden every night, it is too small to survive winter. I weighed it and it was less than 350g. I am feeding it up and will weigh it again at the beginning of November, if it is too small I will take it to a sanctuary.

What did you get up to this weekend?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

We're both well thanks. You'll be pleased the funeral is over, and you're back home. Hubby's mum would probably say her goodbyes and start her grieving when hubby's dad was still alive. She maybe saw the funeral as a formality she had to get through. It's good that a lot of people turned up.

I'm sorry you didn't catch any fish, but as long as you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters. :) I'm sure you'll soon have a workbench, then you'll be able to make all sorts of things.

I didn't tell you the true story about the pansies. :oops: I planted eight and hubby planted the rest. :lol: We've done the pots and a hanging basket. Wasn't the weather awful yesterday? It was so dark here, the street lights came on, and the wind was so strong last night I'm amazed there was anything still standing this morning. Did you have any damage?

That was an awful nightmare you had. Your mind will be all over the place with the funeral and losing hubby's dad. I was trying to catch a spider yesterday, and it ran over my foot. :shock: It wasn't a huge one thank goodness. I think there are some fears you just don't get over, you just have to accept them. Everyone is frightened of something.

Poor Pirate is frightened to death of the hen, and he cries when it steals his breakfast. Hubby managed to stroke Pirate yesterday, so he's definitely coming round. That's a tiny hedgehog you found. I hope he puts on lots of weight.

We didn't do much at the weekend. We went for a walk and that was about it. We'll see our family on Saturday as we've been invited for tea.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi apples, glad you are both well. You are probably right about Hub's mum, she had a long time to get used to being on her own and to say goodbye. Funerals are awful, I am very glad its over.

Hahaaa you let your hubby plant most of the pansies, did you make him lots of tea? Whenever hubby is working in the garage or garden he will want to drink loads of tea, I have to keep reminding myself to put the kettle on. If he misses a cuppa he will feel neglected. :lol:

I haven't seen any damage after the winds, it was still windy yesterday, although not so bad. I managed to mow the lawns again, but I am guessing it won't be the last cut. Our climbing roses at the front are still growing, I will have to get up the ladder again to chop them before they reach next door. :mrgreen:

I am still waiting on some lures coming from China, once I get them I'll go fishing again. I hope I catch something next time. :)

I laughed to myself about the horrible nightmare because I kept saying 'I still haven't had a nightmare about the scary clown', thinking maybe clowns don't scare me much any more. I will shut up next time I watch a scary movie, or that nightmare will get me! I would never watch a film about spiders again. I watched the film arachnophobia once, well I had loads of awful dreams with spiders in them...urghhh :x I don't usually have nightmares, but when I do they are epic! Most of my dreams are silly, I wake up laughing a lot...and don't have a clue what it was that I was laughing at. I think most dreams you forget once you wake up. I have lovely dreams about flying, it is the dream I have the most. I go right up into space and fly with stars, all multi-coloured. I love those dreams, my head has always been in the clouds I think. :lol: I will come back as a bird in the next life...no scrap that...one of santas elves. :D

Can't wait for CHRISTMAS!!!!! And our next next holiday, which is not far off now...I want to start packing, but Rudey would spend longer worrying so I can't. You will laugh, I booked next years CP break, the honeymoon villa...I couldn't help myself. I don't think far ahead most of the time, but with CP, you have to get in early for the one you want. :)

I can't believe your luck with spiders! They are out to get you in would seem, although you are perhaps conquering your fear. All the exposure to them might make you less afraid? I don't see that many in the house, if we lived in the countryside we might see more? Then I will have a problem, but not as big a problem as having clowns running around the house. :lol:

Poor Pirate being afraid of the hen, that is funny. If we found Rudey was afraid of hens we could have some in the future. I love the idea of fresh eggs, ones you know are really good for you. I eat loads of eggs...then trap hubby's head under the duvet if he is naughty! :lol: It works well if you eat baked beans with eggs.

I went for a walk yesterday, it was nice until someone's dog jumped all over my clean trousers and coat. Oh what a nuisance to have to wash all your clothes after a walk. This woman was apologising after she saw all the mud on my coat, lucky for her I'm not one to get too bothered by these things. I saw a woman walking up that way after me with a short skirt, tights and smart jacket. I though to myself 'I hope that dog doesn't jump on her'. I don't dress smartly for walks, but I don't like being covered in muddy paw prints...nice dog though. :lol:

Do you and your hubby often go for walks? It is a lovely time of year to walk, I was swishing through dried leaves yesterday, I felt so happy. I love walking with hubby, but he gets home late sometimes and doesn't feel like walking. I should make him walk more for his health, but I don't want to nag him into walking. He is tired after work, and we tend to cuddle up on the sofa and watch TV...very healthy. :D

I hope you have a nice time with your family on Saturday. I have no idea what we are doing this weekend, although it could include garage work for hubby, and fishing for me? I think we will have a walk at some point, just hope the weather is nice.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Will. Hope you're both ok. It's raining again. :(

Hubby did a good job when he planted the pansies. I did make him lots of cups of tea. I was busy with a pile of ironing, so I told him I couldn't do everything. :lol: I don't enjoy planting bedding plants as it gets monotonous. :lol: Our roses are still growing and flowering. I think they look better now than they've looked all summer. Our grass is still growing too.

I hope your lures come soon then you can go fishing. Do you feel cold when you're fishing, or are you so engrossed that you don't notice?

I don't dream about flying, but it would be lovely to be able to fly like the birds. I used to have a horrible dream where there was a big bomber flying very low and dropping bombs on the street. I haven't had that dream for years (I've done it now). :lol:

You're well organised booking a holiday for next year, but you'll have to book early to get the honeymoon villa. It'll be very romantic. :)

I still don't like spiders, but I get so annoyed when I keep seeing them that I just whack them without thinking. The hen's still stealing Pirate's breakfast. It was looking through the patio doors when we opened the curtains this morning. I wish it would go home, but I suppose if it does it'll probably come back again.

I'd have been annoyed if a dog had jumped up and covered me with muddy paw marks. I laughed at the woman walking after you dressed to the nines. When we were out this afternoon it was absolutely pouring down, and it was amazing how many people were out in shorts and t shirts.

Yes, we like to go for walks, especially in the dark. We're only strange. :lol: We just have a wander round near where we live. It's nice to get out for a while and get some fresh air.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi apples, we are both well thank you. :)

My lures didn't arrive, but I did get an illuminous one, and fished this evening. Before it got dark I caught a lovely Perch. I didn't catch anything after dark, but I had loads of fun, fished for hours as usual. It was nice and quiet. :D

I have not fished and felt cold yet, but then I haven't fished all winter...yet. I don't suppose I will care if it is cold, I will just dress for the weather. :mrgreen:

Your dream sounds scary, I have had a dream about being in a war scenario, I have had an automatic weapon and had to kill...goodness knows why I would dream that? Do you ever wonder if you have lived before? I dream some strange dreams and think I must yave lived before, they just don't make sense to my waking life at all. I had another horrid nightmare this morning, I didn't sleep well after. Thankfully it was early morning and Rudey gave me cuddles till I wanted to get up. I left hubby to sleep in as he had today off, he has been doing stuff in the garage again. He is getting on ok, but still lots to do yet.

Is the hen still running around? Strange that it hasn't been eaten yet, you would think that the foxes would get it. I hope it will be ok. Have you managed to stroke Pirate again? We still have the baby hedgehogs coming for food, I will weigh them after the holiday. I don't like the thought of them not making it through winter.

A lot of people dress for summer in the autumn and winter, I used to be one of them in my teens. :lol: I wonder if the well dressed woman got the doggy treatment I did? :mrgreen:

Have you been doing more garden work this weekend? Have a look at the tube at a temp file, you will see my perch. :D

I don't think you are strange walking at night, it is nicer to walk in the dark...maybe we are both strange. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi Will. Pleased you're both well. I'm sorry your lures didn't arrive. I'm not very patient when I'm waiting for something to be delivered. I saw the video of your perch. I'm pleased you put it back, it's a lovely fish.

The weather has been awful here, either windy or raining, or both. We haven't been able to get out into the garden.

The hen's still running around. We put Pirate's breakfast out on a morning and shout come on puss, and they both come running. Pirate is frightened of the hen now, so he sits and watches while it eats some of the cat food and then he finishes what's left. I gave Pirate a lovely stroke today, on his head and all the way down his back. We haven't seen Cuddles for ages. We used to see him on the camera even when he didn't come for something to eat, but we haven't seen him at all. I suppose the time will come when we don't see him again. He's been coming for a long time, and must be quite old. There's a fox about, so we're surprised the hen has survived so long.

I do sometimes wonder if I've lived before as some of my dreams are about things I haven't experienced in this life. There's one thing certain, I'd be just as daft in a former life as I am in this one. :lol:

I hope the hedgehogs manage to put on some weight. It would be a shame if they didn't make it through the winter.

Pussy hen looking for his breakfast.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi apples, you liked the perch then! He/she was a cutie. A good size seeing as my pliers are about a foot long. They get bigger than that, but not a bad size for my first catch. Hub was a bit disappointed that I didn't bring it home for dinner, it would have made a good meal. But I looked at its funny eyes and didn't want to do it. I would eat it if someone else killed it, but I am squeamish. I bought a bradawl to brain spike a fish if I ever thought I could do it. To poke them in the brain is the fastest most humane way to kill them, I would know they haven't suffered, at least not more than being caught in the first place...but I don't know if I will ever do that. If hub was with me, he might jump in and do himself because he would want a free lunch. :lol: I think I would rather see it go free.

The lures turned up today, so I will go fishing again in the next few days, hope they are lucky ones. I did see a very large fish chasing my lure before I caught the perch, I bet it was a large pike. The new lures are smaller, but it might not make a difference as long as they swim well. I can't stop talking about fishing, I dream of fishing, just love it! I'll shut up about it now. :lol:

The weather has been rainy on and off here, but some good spells of sun too. I am off for a walk in a minute, I will make the most of a dry day so my boots can shed a bit of mud.

I like the hen at your window begging for food, just like a cat! :lol: Funny that it will eat cat biscuits. Oh I wish one would go up to Rudey, I think he would run. He was out this morning and a fox came into the garden about 7am, he hid in the bush and watched the fox take her eggs. Awwww

It is so nice to hear Pirate will have a stroke, he must really trust you now. It can take some time with cats, but well worth it. I hope Cuddles is ok, probably just being spoilt rotten at home and less hungry. He is being looked after, but it might be that Pirate needs you more, so he has fought for your affection and food. Maybe Cuddles knows Pirate needs you more, so is keeping away for a while.

I wonder how much TV affects us in our waking life, that when we go to sleep we can become different people and live situations that are otherwise alien to us. I thought that I had escaped the clown, but he got me. :lol: If I watch a program about insects, I will often have a dream about them. Maybe you watched war films when you were younger and they scared you? Or maybe we have lived before? Who knows? We saw a good film last night called Happy Death Day, a bit funny and a bit scary. A girl keeps waking up and reliving the same day over and over, and she is murdered each time. Now if I have a nightmare like that I will hate it! We are going to watch Jigsaw when it comes out, it is another Saw film, you might have heard about those gory films? They are gross, oh why we watch such horror I just don't know? I have slept through most of the last two of those films, I think I don't like watching them. :lol: But Halloween is coming up so we might as well scare ourselves a bit.

I too hope the hedgehogs have gained some weight, but they still look very small. I think I might have to catch them and give them to a hedgehog home for winter, and hope they survive.

I have been packing for our holiday, Rudey is out so I hope he doesn't notice anything strange, or he will run and hide for hours. He has been in and out of the cattery quite a bit this year, poor thing. He is sleeping with us all the time, he is clingy and I think it might be because he senses something is coming up. I try to hide the packing, but I close a bedroom door, which I don't usually do. So he potentially knows what is coming. I wish we could take him everywhere with us, we really should dress him up as a dog. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi Will. I'm pleased your lures came. I would never have known you like fishing if you hadn't said. :lol: You talk about it all you want. I think I would have to put any fish back that I caught. I'm too soft hearted to kill them.

It's dry today, but cold. Our grass needs cutting again, but it's too wet. I don't suppose it'll dry now.

The hen was looking through the window again this morning. Poor Pirate was crying for his breakfast, but he couldn't get near until Pussyhen had finished. Cuddles turned up last night, we hadn't seen him for a week. He looked lovely, all shiny and brushed. Then he turned up again today, but Pirate set about him. He had him cornered and Pirate sounded like he was yodelling. What a noise. :lol: Then Pirate jumped on Cuddles. Cuddles ran into the utility and hid behind the door so we had to keep him in there until Pirate went. Pirate is obviously jealous of Cuddles and Cuddles is frightened of Pirate. What with the cats and the hen it's a performance. :lol:

I did like war films when I was younger, so that could be where my scary dreams come from. Our minds will hold all sorts of information that keeps popping up. I haven't had a dream for ages, or if I have I can't remember it. That was a strange film you watched. It would be awful if something like that happened.

Rudey will know there's something going on, but he'll soon forget when you come home.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi apples, how are you both doing? We have been to Derbyshire on holiday, it was really wonderful. We had good weather, with only a bit of rain on the way home. We went to Dovedale which was very beautiful, we saw a Raven very close up, Dippers, a common Mersanger (although it was rare to us). We went to the Chestnut wildlife centre, which had all sorts of cuties including Otters. Have a look at the tube for some vids, there's a temp file with some photos, including one of the barn we stayed in...so cosy. It was a really fun hol, we had Sky TV, which was novel. So we watched lots of films, and saved the DVD's we bought, they'll do for CP. :D Woop! Less than 6 weeks to go. :D

When we got home the lawn was so covered in leaves we could hardly see it, I went out and raked both lawns, but in a few hours the one at the back was covered again. :lol: It has been quite cold here a couple of times, this morning hubby had to scrape ice off the windscreen for the first time. We still have some flowers on the go, but I doubt they'll last much longer. I wish I could mow the lawn, but it is sodden! :x

How is your garden doing now? Have you managed to mow and it not grow five minutes later? I could comb our grass into a Mr Whippy. Grrrrr

What have you been up to lately? Have you been on any walks? How is Cuddles and Pirate? Rudey was pleased to be home, he has been clingy and demanding ever since he got home...nothing new there then. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Will. We're both fine thanks. I enjoyed the vids, it looks like you had a good time. I liked the sleepy sheep and the owl looks like he's got his arms crossed. The barn looks cosy, and you'd have square eyes by the time you got home with watching Sky TV. :) You'll be off to CP before you know it. Rudey would be pleased to see you.

Our family came for tea on Saturday and we had some fireworks. Our grandchildren really enjoyed them. The noisier the better for our grandson. :lol: It was lovely to see them.

We went for a walk last night. We were wading through leaves along the road, but they've been swept up today. We still have one lawn to cut, but it's sodden now and it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

We haven't seen much of Cuddles, he hasn't been for a few days. The hen is still eating Pirate's' breakfast. Poor Pirate just waits until the hen's had enough to eat and then finishes off what's left.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi apples, glad to hear you are both well. We never have our own fireworks, we go to displays. I think if we let fireworks off in our garden we would set fire to our trees, or at least piss them off. :lol: Do you like loud bangs? I used to jump like mad at loud bangs, but I'm not so bad these days. Kids usually do love fireworks don't they! I know I did when I was little, my dad always got lots of fireworks, we seldom went to organised displays. :)

I'm glad you have been wading through leaves, that is always lots of fun. Oh the leaves! Can't keep up with them. I will go for a walk in a bit, but I bet the leaves are wet so not so good to swoosh through...but I'll have a go. We are going to see a film tonight, the remake of Murder On The Orient Express. I'm looking forward to seeing it, got a bag of goodies ready to eat. Most of what we have eaten for the past week is fry up breakfasts and snacks galore, I think we need more healthy food. :mrgreen: Not long till Christmas, the decs go up in 2.5 weeks time...oh I cannot wait! :D So when will you tell your hubby that your decs go up on the 1st December? :lol:

I keep thinking about our hol and where we stayed, it was so lovely. I was glad to be home though once we were unpacked and sat with a cup of tea, as much as I love holidays, it is so nice to come home. There is no place like home. :) I always feel guilty about leaving Rudey in a cattery, so when he is home I feel better knowing he is happy again. He's currently on our bed, in fact he just loves our bed. He has other rooms he can sleep in, but he just goes to bed on our bed. And if we leave clothes on the bed...even better! He will sleep on our clothes if we throw them on the floor. :lol:

Cuddles has curled up with his cat pipe and slippers I think, he has become more of a house cat. Pirate has become the new Cuddles, he has taken to you hasn't he! :) Although he does have to compete with the hen these days...now he knows how Cuddles felt. :lol: Have you seen any hedgehogs recently? The little ones have stopped coming since we have been away, poor little things won't survive. I wanted to catch them and get them to a sanctuary, but they might have tried to hibernate seeing as it has been so cold. They might come back, I will keep an eye out for them.

We have been really lucky with garden birds since we got home, we have seen a nuthatch, jay, treecreeper, three goldcrest and a sparrow hawk. Its like all the exciting birds decided to party in our garden...YEAH!!! Even a crow came down to steal a chicken piece put out for the foxes. Poor foxes have been scared by all the fireworks, it is such a bad time of year for wildlife. I worry that many hedgehogs died in all the bonfires people had recently. :(

Oh well, off for my walk. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi apples, have a look at a temp file on the tube, I had a great birdy day. I watched the kingfisher today, didn't get very good photos, but at least managed to photograph it. There are a few kingfishers on the stream, I saw two chase each other around, and this one on its own. I saw a sparrow hawk chase a bird into a large tree stump covered in ivy, the whoosh it made as it flew past was amazing! The speed of light almost. :lol: It is such a great time of year to see wildlife, I will go fishing one day this week, been itching to fish since the holiday.
We seem to have a permanent resident goldcrest in the lawsons cyprus, it is there almost all of the time. We did see three of them one day, couldn't believe our eyes! :D
I put another bird table outside, (little thing, part curtain pole, and cheap top) but it is doing the trick. I put it near the garden room window, and a robin has taken to it...thinks he owns it! Well, that is until the wood pigeons come!
Hope you too enjoyed the sunshine today, it has been lovely. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi Will. It's been a lovely day today. We enjoyed our fireworks, but I don't like loud bangs or sudden noises. I nearly jump out of my skin if hubby coughs. :lol: We didn't have a lot of bangs. Our grandchildren loved the fireworks, their little faces were a picture. :)

I hope you enjoyed the film. I don't think I could sit still long enough, I'm a fidget.

You'll be pleased to home, it's the best place to be. Rudey will be pleased you're home too. I suddenly had a feeling last night that Cuddles was about so I shone a torch out of the window and his little head popped up and he started waving. :) He was very hungry. He said he has a pipe and slippers now, and he's hoping to get a rocking chair for Christmas. The hen has lost her tail feathers. I wish she would go home. Cuddles has taken to me, but he sometimes backs away. I did manage to stroke him today. :) We haven't seen any hedgehogs for ages. I hope the small ones you saw survive.

I don't think it'll hurt you to eat fried food when you're on holiday. You know what they say, a bit of what you fancy does you good.

You have had a birdy day today. I've seen the temp file. You have lots of birds that we don't see. The goldcrest is beautiful.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography