Another academic wall

w3526602

Another academic wall

Post by w3526602 »

Hi,

I understand that a wall on a boundary must not be more than 2M high.

But what if a concrete block shed is built on that same boundary. Is that limited to the same 2M .... the walls of the shed , not the pitched roof?

And if the ground levels each side are different, where is the wall measured from?

602 (That was my "last three")
rp_uk

Re: Another academic wall

Post by rp_uk »

Hi,

The 2m rule is for walls at a boundary away from the highway.

There are different rules around height of sheds at boundaries under permitted development, including their location in relation to the main front elevation and the highway, etc.

Good luck

rp_uk
satti

Post by satti »

rp_uk wrote:Hi,

The 2m rule is for walls at a boundary away from the highway.

There are different rules around height of sheds at boundaries under permitted development, including their location in relation to the main front elevation and the highway, etc.

Good luck

rp_uk
hi i wonder if you could help me. our garden at the rear is over 130ft long and at the back are allotments. we want to put a large shed up in the garden probably at least 12ft long but not too wide as our garden is narrow.i think my partner said one that slopes to just one side,,,the roof i mean, not sure what you would call it.do we have to build it a certain distance from our house incase it causes problems someone said it has to be 30ft from back of house, and also how high can it be, i mean including the roof what is the highest it can be without getting permission from anybody.. we currently have one block built by the council outside the backdoor but it blocks out the sunlight to the kitchen and will knock this down once the new one is up. many thanks
despair

Post by despair »

You can cover 50% of your garden with sheds but if a flat roof the max is 3 metres high

with a pitched roof or a one sided roof the max is 4metres to the ridge

all must be measured from your NATURAL ground level
w3526602

Post by w3526602 »

all must be measured from your NATURAL ground level

Hi,

So what happens if the ground slopes? Where do you measure it from?

What is the natural level, if the ground level was raised/lowered during site development many (say 50) years ago?

602 (That was my "last three")
Englisch
Number of Posts per Page: 15
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Englisch »

I wanna know that what is the issue in it.
I mean, some people build there property like the castle (I saw many examples:) and I think so that they do no take care
for the ventilation of the the air in the house. So, what is the basic reason and the logic behind what you have said.
regards
despair

Post by despair »

Its not a question of logic

Its the rules as per Planning Law