Current wall 2m tall collapsing highway adjacent advice

essex_grl

Current wall 2m tall collapsing highway adjacent advice

Post by essex_grl » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi all. I own a house on a corner plot and the back garden runs alongside a road (with a small piece of land behind it - think highways owns this) This part of the garden is enclosed in a brick wall that is approx 15m long in 4 sections and at the highest point over 2.2m tall.

Now 3 sections of the wall approx 10m long total need to be demolished and replaced as the wall is wobbly and one part has a very nasty lean to it. I have had builders round to quote and am being told as its my wall and my garden I can just rebuild the wall. I would keep it below 2m tall and make it double thick as it is currently single skin.

Am I likely to have any issues doing this without planning permission? The wall is currently not visible from the road due to masses of ivy that we will have to remove so theoretically no one knows just what sits behind there anyway? The verge behind the wall is approx 2m wide so garden/wall/verge/path/road. All down the road I live on people have large walls against the path on corner plots.

Thank you!

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Re: Current wall 2m tall collapsing highway adjacent advice

Post by Collaborate » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:55 am

You will have no problem replacing with a wall that is no higher than what you have now. Take photos as evidence if what is there now.

arborlad

Re: Current wall 2m tall collapsing highway adjacent advice

Post by arborlad » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:30 am

arborlad

smile...it confuses people