Retaining wall replacement is an eyesore.

cleo5

Re: Retaining wall replacement is an eyesore.

Post by cleo5 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 pm

Not a pretty view from your window.
Some more of those nice half barrels aill along in front of the wall filled with fast growing shrubs would improve the look immensely if it remains.
Yourneighbour wasted his money.!

Viola

Post by Viola » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Update:

Today an email from the council surveyor who states; they are mainly on "Statutory Call-out" but he will endeavour to visit here when he can.
Didn't say what this means exactly but i assume it's a delay caused by the coronavirus crisis.

Another email from the council surveyor asked me to forward photos to the planning department who have become interested in the case.

despair

Post by despair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:44 pm

Sick 2 death of the Covid 19 excuse for why no one can do anything !

despair

Post by despair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:45 pm

alyson
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10

Post by alyson » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:18 pm

despair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:45 pm
It is inconvenient I agree, however the sanctions are in place to limit the number of people who literally “sick to death”.

despair

Post by despair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 pm

The vast majority of those who have died as a result already had severe ill health ...but thats only just been admitted in Italy

I am aware its a nasty infection but its being used as a blanket excuse for appalling service everywhere

mr sheen

Post by mr sheen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:56 pm

despair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:44 pm
OMG! :shock: someone who thinks a garden wall and equivalent nonesense is more important than people’s health or indeed someone’s life!

Not onlythat person’s life but also the lives of all their family and friends and the nurses, doctors and others who will put their lives on the line to try to keep them alive...zero perspective or understanding......I have no further words to describe this uneducated moron’s disregard for the life of others :cry: :cry: :cry:

IdefixUK
Number of topics per page: 25

Post by IdefixUK » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:12 pm

despair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:44 pm
despair,
I consider that comment as reaching a "10" on the "Well out of order meter".
Try watching, and understanding, the news.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:45 pm

despair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 pm
The vast majority of those who have died as a result already had severe ill health ...but thats only just been admitted in Italy

I am aware its a nasty infection but its being used as a blanket excuse for appalling service everywhere
I’ve observed a zero drop in the quality of service I’ve received from retailers, tradespeople, public sector workers, etc.

the reality as I see it is they’ve all done their level best to continue providing good service despite been under unforeseen pressures caused by the covid-19 outbreak.

have you maintained the same standards in your work, despair? (do you work?)

kind regards, Mac

despair

Post by despair » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 pm

I have had to contact British Gas, Halifax Bank and several other companies in recent days and every phone is greeted with Corona virus excuse for long wait times,to we cant even look at the monumental mess up we caused for 8 weeks to , 24/7phone line is now 9 to 5 mon to fri ...add on the stress of having to go to Supermarket at 6am or theres not even basic essentials because selfish hoarders have bought the lot ....and as for insults of what my work ethic is ... "utterly oerfect ir it is not delivered " has always been attributed to me

When theres only 25 deaths in an area of 25,000 people i think maybe a more pragmstic approach to the virus is needed ....i do not underestimate the effects of Covid19 but More people die from yearly flu or on the roads and in the last week a young relative nearly died from Septic Arthritis in their hand after a throat infection .....because none of the doctors at the Hospital knew zilch about it and had to be directed to info on Mayo Clinic and a huge row before they took action

alyson
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10

Post by alyson » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:13 pm

despair wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 pm
I have had to contact British Gas, Halifax Bank and several other companies in recent days and every phone is greeted with Corona virus excuse for long wait times,to we cant even look at the monumental mess up we caused for 8 weeks to , 24/7phone line is now 9 to 5 mon to fri ...add on the stress of having to go to Supermarket at 6am or theres not even basic essentials because selfish hoarders have bought the lot ....and as for insults of what my work ethic is ... "utterly oerfect ir it is not delivered " has always been attributed to me

When theres only 25 deaths in an area of 25,000 people i think maybe a more pragmstic approach to the virus is needed ....i do not underestimate the effects of Covid19 but More people die from yearly flu or on the roads and in the last week a young relative nearly died from Septic Arthritis in their hand after a throat infection .....because none of the doctors at the Hospital knew zilch about it and had to be directed to info on Mayo Clinic and a huge row before they took action
This is an unprecedented situation, people much cleverer than you have decided, on the evidence available, what we, as a country, need to do to keep the impact of this virus on our population as low and as manageable as possible.
So you have to wait on the phone a little longer? You have to shop differently? So what? Suck it up like the rest of us.

MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by MacadamB53 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi despair,

I have had to contact British Gas, Halifax Bank and several other companies in recent days and every phone is greeted with....

there you go then, we’re in agreement - everyone you’ve contacted has tried their best under difficult circumstances to provide a service.

any idea what a big firm like British Gas or Halifax Bank are having to do in the background so that basics are still available with the skeleton they’ve been shackled with by government measures? no, thought not...

unimpressed regards, Mac

ukmicky
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by ukmicky » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Most universal service suppliers are currently cancelling most non essential work as they have no idea what future staffing levels will be due to the virus and need to ensure as much of the essential work is completed Now.
Any information provided is not legal advice and you are advised to gain a professional opinion

Viola

Post by Viola » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Update:

A letter from the Council Planning Department:

Thank you for your complaint regarding the [ neighbouring fence ] site, which was received in this office on 20.03.2020.

I am in the progress of investigating your concerns and will inform you of the outcome in due course.
In the meantime, if you have any queries or would like an update on the progress, please feel free to contact me on the above details.

Yours faithfully

Planning

despair

Post by despair » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Surorised they fid not include the line " we are very stretched right now due to Covid 19 " thst has become the excuse everywhere sadly IMHE