MacadamB53
Number of Posts per Page: 100
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Dog feces

Post by MacadamB53 »

Goodbadugly wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:37 pm
MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:32 pm
Goodbadugly wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:13 pm Mac,

Are you saying months of dog faeces, over 50+ dog faeces next door to me is not a lot?

"Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 it is an offence to allow large quantities of dog faeces to accumulate in your garden as it may cause a problem through smell, flies etc to your neighbours."

GBU
there are two scenarios where an offence set out in the EPA may have occurred that involve a large quantity of dog faeces:

1. it is an offence if it has happened on public land

2. it is an offence if it is causing a statutory nuisance (unreasonably and substantially interfering with the use and enjoyment of a home or premises AND/OR is injuring health or will likely injury health)

as you hopefully now appreciate the sentence you’ve copied is poorly worded and rather misleading...
So it is a criminal offence "Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990" if the neighbour allows large quantities of dog faeces to accumulate in his garden as it may cause a problems through smell, flies etc, etc
no on two counts - firstly it’s not an offence (as explained in my previous post) and secondly it’s not a crime

what part of the explanation in my previous post are you having trouble understanding?
Goodbadugly
Number of Posts per Page: 10
Number of topics per page: 10

Post by Goodbadugly »

Collaborate wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:46 pm
arborlad wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:53 pm
Collaborate wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 pm In fact we don't know that it is trespass...............

If you throw a mustard seed over the boundary, the law considers it a trespass. How are the neighbours actions not trespass?
No one has asked if the farmer is aware and has given permission. Unlikely, but given it is the farmer's land, they are either an aggrieved party, or have given permission/aren't bothered. OP has no standing here. For all their excitement at a selectively pruned passage from The Environmental Protection Act 1990 they are a spectator here.
Yes, What a selfish attitude to take.............

I'll do the neighbourly thing and let the farmer know someone is throwing dog faeces into his field where his cattle and sheep graze.

Only an idiot would suggest the farmer gave permission.....
Goodbadugly

Post by Goodbadugly »

MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:03 pm
MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:32 pm there are two scenarios where an offence set out in the EPA may have occurred that involve a large quantity of dog faeces:

2. it is an offence if it is causing a statutory nuisance (unreasonably and substantially interfering with the use and enjoyment of a home or premises AND/OR is injuring health or will likely injury health)

as you hopefully now appreciate the sentence you’ve copied is poorly worded and rather misleading...
So it is a criminal offence "Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990" if the neighbour allows large quantities of dog faeces to accumulate in his garden as it may cause a problems through smell, flies etc, etc
no on two counts - firstly it’s not an offence (as explained in my previous post) and secondly it’s not a crime

what part of the explanation in my previous post are you having trouble understanding?
Diseases found in dog censored can cause abortions in cattle and death in sheep

Dog fouling is an environmental crime.

MacadamB53

Post by MacadamB53 »

Goodbadugly wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:17 pm

I haven’t said or even implied that the farmer gave permission?!?

whether diseases found in dog faeces can cause abortions in cattle and death in sheep is not what you posted about.

I suggested you do the neighbourly thing and let the farmer know someone is throwing dog faeces into his field - you now seem to be implying otherwise?!?

for some reason, you also seem to think I condone the neighbour’s behaviour just because I pointed out the EPA isn’t necessarily relevant to your circumstances?!? (I most certainly do not condone it)

perturbed regards, Mac
Goodbadugly

Post by Goodbadugly »

MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:33 pm
Goodbadugly wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:17 pm
MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:03 pm no on two counts - firstly it’s not an offence (as explained in my previous post) and secondly it’s not a crime

I haven’t said or even implied that the farmer gave permission?!?

whether diseases found in dog faeces can cause abortions in cattle and death in sheep is not what you posted about.

I suggested you do the neighbourly thing and let the farmer know someone is throwing dog faeces into his field - you now seem to be implying otherwise?!?

for some reason, you also seem to think I condone the neighbour’s behaviour just because I pointed out the EPA isn’t necessarily relevant to your circumstances?!? (I most certainly do not condone it)

perturbed regards, Mac
Aye no doubt a criminal offence
Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate »

Goodbadugly wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 pm
Are you sure of that?
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:32 pm there are two scenarios where an offence set out in the EPA may have occurred that involve a large quantity of dog faeces:

Your nit-picking is, as usual - unhelpful.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

Collaborate wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:10 am
Are you sure of that?

Well - we know it is a trespass, there is a certainty to that. Why did you not point that out - in preference to what you did!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet »

Whilst I sympathise with the OP I really do not know what can be done by means of any legal redress in this situation. The dog fouling Act clearly does not apply to agricultural land and other than informing the farmer/landowner and hoping that he has some influence, what else can be achieved?

Having had the misfortune to rent farm land adjacent to a village with a housing estate I know only too well that irresponsible dog owners and their dogs are a menace.
MacadamB53

Post by MacadamB53 »

arborlad wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am

pointing out that something isn’t criminal on a forum dedicated to land law is your definition of nit-picking? slow day on the fencing front?
Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate »

arborlad wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am
Are you sure of that?
Well - we know it is a trespass, there is a certainty to that. Why did you not point that out - in preference to what you did!
It's irrelevant. OP says it's a crime. I challenged that as I know it not to be a crime.

What we have is person A complaining that person B is leaving dog mess on land owned by person C. OP has been told I think more than once to tell the farmer if they're so minded. Then it's up to the farmer to address the issue if they want. OP can do nothing about it. I'm staggered we are well in to the 2nd page of this thread.
Goodbadugly

Post by Goodbadugly »

Collaborate wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 pm
arborlad wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

Are you sure of that?
It's irrelevant. OP says it's a crime. I challenged that as I know it not to be a crime.

What we have is person A complaining that person B is leaving dog mess on land owned by person C. OP has been told I think more than once to tell the farmer if they're so minded. Then it's up to the farmer to address the issue if they want. OP can do nothing about it. I'm staggered we are well in to the 2nd page of this thread.
At least three offences commented by person B
Goodbadugly

Post by Goodbadugly »

MacadamB53 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:12 pm
arborlad wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am
MacadamB53 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:03 pm no on two counts - firstly it’s not an offence (as explained in my previous post) and secondly it’s not a crime

pointing out that something isn’t criminal on a forum dedicated to land law is your definition of nit-picking? slow day on the fencing front?
At least three offences commented by my neighbour
Goodbadugly

Post by Goodbadugly »

Morgan Sweet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am Whilst I sympathise with the OP I really do not know what can be done by means of any legal redress in this situation. The dog fouling Act clearly does not apply to agricultural land and other than informing the farmer/landowner and hoping that he has some influence, what else can be achieved?

Having had the misfortune to rent farm land adjacent to a village with a housing estate I know only too well that irresponsible dog owners and their dogs are a menace.
Maybe SEPA.
Morgan Sweet

Post by Morgan Sweet »

Goodbadugly wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:56 pm
Morgan Sweet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am Whilst I sympathise with the OP I really do not know what can be done by means of any legal redress in this situation. The dog fouling Act clearly does not apply to agricultural land and other than informing the farmer/landowner and hoping that he has some influence, what else can be achieved?

Maybe SEPA.
I am not aware of what SEPA is, does it stand for the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency? Also my reference to the dog fouling Act only applies in England and Wales. If you do live in Scotland maybe there could be some legal redress one could pursue.