cats and boundary fences

This forum is for serious issues involving animals
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG »

My father in law would giggle himself silly seeing that, he hates squirrels and would applaud the invention. I shouldn't laugh really because I like them, but it actually was a bit funny. :oops: awwww poor thing. :lol: I suppose it is better than the air riffle or the shot gun. :x
ferdinand2000

Post by ferdinand2000 »

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
My father in law would giggle himself silly seeing that, he hates squirrels and would applaud the invention. I shouldn't laugh really because I like them, but it actually was a bit funny. :oops: awwww poor thing. :lol: I suppose it is better than the air riffle or the shot gun. :x
Perasonally I'd like a pair of cat-ballistae inside each fence to be a cat-forwarding service to the other neighbour. It would have an auto-miaow warning of arriving cat like a Stuka. The RSPCA might not agree.

F
CoffeeDrinker

Post by CoffeeDrinker »

can a cat walk along a picket fence? i am thinking of getting one - a fence,not a cat, - and would like suggestions to stop them jumping it. aluminium foil?
ferdinand2000

Post by ferdinand2000 »

CoffeeDrinker wrote:can a cat walk along a picket fence? i am thinking of getting one - a fence,not a cat, - and would like suggestions to stop them jumping it. aluminium foil?
Assuming you have pointed verticals, I suspect it can walk along the top rail, depending on how far down from the top it is.

It probably depends on the cat, and you could plane the top edge of the top rail at an angle - which would also make the fence last longer by shedding water better.

I suppose a really dedicated cat may walk along the top of the verticals.

F