rottweiller dog

This forum is for serious issues involving animals
billy the kid

rottweiller dog

Post by billy the kid »

Hi all, my 79 yr old aunt now has a 6mnth old rottweiller dog living next door.
As all pups do,it jumped up to her and knocked her for six.
My aunt is now in hospital (end of 3rd week),with a fractured pelvic,taking morphine tablets for the pain,- she says she cant remember how she got the injury,but i strongly suspect the loose rottweiller dog.
At the moment there is no fence between her,and her neighbour,there is dogshit in her garden,and we`ve found the dog loose on 3 occasions,- one of which my terrified wife ran into my aunts house slamming the door shut.
The dog is kept unnattended in the garden via a dog lead attached to the washing line (i ask you ?).
I`ve had STRONG words with the owners,and have threatend them with calling the police if i see that dog loose again.
We went yesterday,and it was attached to a flimsy washing line,- it looked at us in a way that made us think "oh censored" when we entered.
I`ve also mentioned a fence, but the owner is un-employed,and has no money,but gives assurance the dog is tied on a leash at all time.- yeah a washing line !

Any thoughts,advice please !

Regards
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: rottweiller dog

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG »

Oh my goodness there are so many idiot dog owners, a Rottweiler although a beautiful dog if well trained and cared for, they can be so deadly, it is going to be frustrated just left tied to a post, poor thing. It is the dog owner’s responsibility to fence their animal in, although your aunt could have a fence erected, she shouldn't have to.

It would be a good idea to report this to the police and the dog warden, if you have asked them to keep the dog out of your garden and you have found excrement then it is getting loose, this could eventually lead to disaster. Perhaps strong words from the police will make a difference. It is such a shame to have a dog tied to a post, if they can’t afford a fence they can’t afford the dog in my opinion, what selfish idiots.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/dangerous/
despair

Post by despair »

Amazing isnt it

Unemployed but can afford to feed a Rottweiler never mind buy it

Well I have news for the jerk

ITS HIS 100% RESPONSIBILITY to securely FENCE IN HIS DOG

If as I strongly suspect his dog was the cause of the injury /hospitalisation I would scare the pants off the jerk by threatening him with a law suit for damages and compensation

Call in the Dog Wardens and if the property is Council owned complain very loudly to the housing officer
Treeman
Number of Posts per Page: 50

Post by Treeman »

despair wrote:Amazing isnt it

Unemployed but can afford to feed a Rottweiler never mind buy it

Well I have news for the jerk

ITS HIS 100% RESPONSIBILITY to securely FENCE IN HIS DOG

If as I strongly suspect his dog was the cause of the injury /hospitalisation I would scare the pants off the jerk by threatening him with a law suit for damages and compensation

Call in the Dog Wardens and if the property is Council owned complain very loudly to the housing officer

Errrrrr, NO

He doesn’t need to FENCE the dog in merely keep it on his property. A washing line is a bit on the flimsy side but if the dog ere on a chain and unable to get off the property that would suffice.
appledore

Post by appledore »

Although it's the neighbour's responsibility to keep his dog on his own property, if I had a rottweiler next door I'd erect my own fence.
Keep calm and carry on.
Sudynim

Post by Sudynim »

appledore wrote:Although it's the neighbour's responsibility to keep his dog on his own property, if I had a rottweiler next door I'd erect my own fence.
Absolutely - get a sturdy fence put up before your aunt comes home. Job done, no compromises, no risk of further harm.
billy the kid

Post by billy the kid »

Thankyou for the replies everyone,- much appreciated.

Yes i think both worlds required here,- i`ll erect a 6ft fence,then (job done).
I`ll inform the police of what i suspect has happened.
I`ll inform the dog warden also.
Also any further adoo and i`ll keep informing again,again.
The dog looks tremendous,but is just left there.The owner lives with his 84 yr old dad,and he just opens the door when the dog scratches at the door.

regards
despair

Post by despair »

one Idiot living with another idiot

The dog scratches the door and is let out ...............He is not on a washing line then is he !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres dogshit on the Aunts garden
The dog has been found LOOSE several times

As to why you should have in pay out for a fence to keep their dog off your aunts property is beyond belief apart from which unless you install a really strong fence the dog will tear it apart

Rotweillers are incredibly strong dogs and should not be owned by brain dead idiots who have no idea how to restrain it and doubtless do not care ..........A fully grown Rottweiller is going to need a lot more than a washing line to restrain it never mind an 84 yr old Father who simply OPENS THE DOOR when the animal scratches it
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

despair wrote:unless you install a really strong fence the dog will tear it apart
That was my first thought, if the op erects a fence and the dog pounds against it and breaks panels, who will stop that? Will the op keep paying for new panels?

I hope this doesn't happen, erecting a fence is the most safe option but if the dog is allowed to smash against the fence, will there be any come back for the op?
appledore

Post by appledore »

I agree they shouldn't have to pay for a fence, but if they wait for the neighbour to erect one I suspect they'll have a long wait.
As for contacting the dog warden I can't see that doing much good either.
The one we contacted said he was only bothered if our neighbour's dog was on the road.
A lot of chavs have rottweilers or similar large dogs, as they seem to think it makes them look macho. :roll:
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

appledore wrote:A lot of chavs have rottweilers or similar large dogs, as they seem to think it makes them look macho. :roll:
I think it is such a shame that idiots have dogs that they feel makes them look tough, more breeds will be banned and that is sad. I sat on the back of a bus many years ago and a nice couples Rottweiler laid across my knee almost crushing me with its weight but it was so very sweet and just wanted to be babied.

I don't see as many people choosing this breed anymore for fear of what they look like. Chav type people have given them a bad name and that breed might be the next to be banned. :(
despair

Post by despair »

"the one we contacted said he was only bothered if the dog was on the road "

If I was Billy the kid I would ensure that the dog was lwt out of Aunts garden onto the road and the Dog warden made well aware of which idiot owned the dog and opened the door

Roll on the day folk have to pass tests to own dogs

I love many dogs but theres plenty of owners that want shooting either for cruelty or sheer neglect or ignorance of what owning a dog entails
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

despair wrote:Roll on the day folk have to pass tests to own dogs
If only! I hope that happens.

Buy a dog and do what you like, rescue a dog from an RSPCA rescue centre and they at least come to your home and do some checks, they give advice and do follow up visits. No wonder people buy a dog from the back street 'breeder', they don't care what happens after they get their money.
arborlad

Post by arborlad »

despair wrote: I love many dogs
Do you?

I find that hard to believe with asinine comments such as this:
I would ensure that the dog was lwt out of Aunts garden onto the road
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
despair

Post by despair »

I do not love dogs that pose a threat to others and Rottweillers /Pit bulls and out of control Alsations generally form that group

But given crazy laws if the only way such idiot owners can be stopped from owning dogs and failing to restrain and control them properly is to let them out on the road then all one can do is work with the stupidity of the law