RATS

This forum is for serious issues involving animals
duggat

RATS

Post by duggat »

Can anyone advise me?
I know rats are supposed to be always around 6 metres away at anytime; but you never usually see them.
My nfh have decided to keep chickens. We live in suberbia but they seem to think they live on a small holding.
Never ever have I seen rats before but since the chickens I now see them daily and they are enormous.
Scaryly; they seem to be disappearing under next doors decking which is unbeliveably so close to our home.
Would this be classified as EVH issue?
despair

Post by despair »

Without a doubt ............contact EVH fast and make a stink the rats are nesting under the decking and feeding on the Chicken feed
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG »

We kept seeing rats due to the pile of rubbish next door which has rotted the fence between us. We found them dead around our garden, we do not believe in killing animals so whoever was poisoning them was putting ours and other cats at risk too.

Keeping chickens is all well and good if you can keep things clean and rat free. http://www.poultry.allotment.org.uk/Chi ... vermin.php Perhaps the neighbour isn’t aware of how to properly care for chickens and keep vermin out?

Where there is food, there are rats. Usually it isn't a problem if they just pass through, it is when there is somewhere convenient for them to live and breed and eat.
RuthKBond

Post by RuthKBond »

I use ground red hot chilli pepper from the spice aisle in the supermarket. Stick it down the rat holes and don't see them again for months.

Regards
Ruth
"All men are equal, but some are more equal than others"
juliet

Post by juliet »

I am under the impression, possibly wrongly, that rats live under most decking?
RuthKBond

Post by RuthKBond »

Juliet

No, only if there is a food and water source available.
I was refering to my chicken coop-Sorry!

Regards
Ruth[/img]
"All men are equal, but some are more equal than others"
RUHEAP

Re: RATS

Post by RUHEAP »

best way to catch rats.. no injury to other as we did in benghazi...it has more than tripoli as they had more food places.....piece of cardboard 18'' x 18'' spread glue in rings around a lump of bread in the center ..the rat goes to eat the bread falls over as feet tend to tick on the glue...it then get on the skin struggles but cannot get off....in the morning you throw the cardboard with the rat it in the gutter..,.the street cleaner collects them...whilst working in an offrice they crawl over your shoes they are very lethargic..