My own pesky cat!

This forum is for serious issues involving animals
dylmts

My own pesky cat!

Post by dylmts » Fri May 13, 2005 7:24 pm

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I recently watched my neighbour throwing cat dung over the hedge and into my garden. There is no evidence that it is our cat as we live in quite a cat populated area but she seems to have it in for us at the moment. So far the only things I have found online are that it's illegal to threaten and scare cats etc which I'm hoping will never have to be brought against her. I wondered if anyone had had a similar experience and could help me?

Tom

Countryman

Post by Countryman » Fri May 13, 2005 7:38 pm

It is illegal to deliberately harm a cat but I would question it being illegal to 'threaten or scare' a cat. I often have to chase them from the rear of our garden when they stalk the nesting birds. I have very occasionally managed to wet them with water for the same reason but I have never hurt them and have not acted illegally.

Have you trained your cat to use a cat litter? If you have then you can feel confident that your neighbour is getting upset with you without justification.

Countryman

Maverick.uk

Post by Maverick.uk » Sat May 14, 2005 8:52 am

Countryman wrote: Have you trained your cat to use a cat litter? If you have then you can feel confident that your neighbour is getting upset with you without justification.

Countryman
Many cat owners dont bother with the cat litter thing, too expensive and its easier to let them censored in somebody elses garden.

Yes i get them too.......

Cheers

Mav

dylmts

Post by dylmts » Sat May 14, 2005 1:52 pm

My cat is litter trained but, as you so delicately put it, it is easier to let him censored outside! Generally he goes in our garden and in very specific spots so I don't think it's him that is causing the people next door's trouble. I am mostly concerned with the legallity of hurling cat censored over the fence!

Tom

Maverick.uk

Post by Maverick.uk » Sat May 14, 2005 4:18 pm

I doubt your cat deposits his presents in the same place each day. And owners like yourself are normally only concerned when an individual is fed up with picking up their presents in their garden and starts to take action in some way.

Unless the people doing the returning have proof thats its your cat thats doing it, then they are on sticky (:)) ground.

From my own perspective, ive not managed yet to catch the rascal who keeps using my flower beds as their own private bog. When i do, i may also do some returning of my own :twisted:

Cheers

Mav

dylmts

Post by dylmts » Sun May 15, 2005 2:42 pm

lol thanks for the reply and the pun (made me giggle). My cat may not pick the same spot exactly each day but generally remains in our garden.

I've decided I'm going to try to supress my wish of setting fire to thier house by playing internet games until I think of something better!

Tom