Advice, questions, support on anything about cooking and eating

Moderator: cupcake

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Roast chestnuts

Post by gardenlaw » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:24 am

Sitting in front of a blazing log fire roasting chestnuts on an old shovel with snow falling outside. Watching "Its a Wonderful Life" on the TV Perfect. Could anything be better for this Christmas week?
Here is a link worth following http://italianfood.about.com/library/rec/blr0282.htm
Last edited by gardenlaw on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: Roast chestnuts

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 pm

gardenlaw wrote:Sitting in front of a blazing log fire roasting chestnuts on an old shovel with snow falling outside. Watching "Its a Wonderful Life" on the TV Perfect. Could anything be better for this Christmas week?
Snow, good food and "It's a wonderful life" one of our favourite films. No, nothing could be more perfect. :D Well apart from the fact we are not by an open fire. :lol: Lucky you. :D

The holidays really are here now and it's beautiful! Happy Christmas Gardenlaw and everyone, I hope your holiday time is wonderful. :)

appledore

Post by appledore » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:52 pm

The fire looks lovely Will, all warm and cosy. A gas fire's not quite the same is it?
A happy Christmas to Gardenlaw and everyone. :)
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:40 pm

appledore wrote:The fire looks lovely Will, all warm and cosy. A gas fire's not quite the same is it?
A happy Christmas to Gardenlaw and everyone. :)
There's definitely nothing like an open fire, I'm not even as keen on those wood burners even though they are better than a gas fire. I would love to chop wood in the morning and make a fire...how romantic! :D

Happy Christmas apples, hope you have a wonderful time. :) If you have any chocolates you don't want you know I'll eat them...just pass them down the wire. :wink:

appledore

Post by appledore » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Happy Christmas apples, hope you have a wonderful time. :) If you have any chocolates you don't want you know I'll eat them...just pass them down the wire. :wink:
Happy Christmas Will. I hope you have a wonderful time too. I'll pass the chocolates I don't want down the wire, then I'll know they've gone to a good home. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.

juno1954

Post by juno1954 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:02 pm

I once worked in a garden with a large chestnut wood in the back where we would have one big fire in a clearing each year – after a couple of years the surrounding trees were dropping the biggest nuts I've ever seen – there was an open fire in my local at that time and they went down exceedingly well. I would also make Mont Blanc with them... take off the shells and simmer nuts in milk with a little vanilla in it – then peel off the skins and push trough a sieve onto a plate and then gently cover the mound with whipped vanilla flavoured cream and maybe grate a little chocolate on top – very lovely!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 am

DELETED

destiny

Post by destiny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 am

Watching movie under the cold wind from winter snow that a great thing to get over during winter.
[url=http://www.ezyvegies.com.au/products]Raised garden beds[/url]

gardenlaw
Site Admin
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Re: Roast chestnuts

Post by gardenlaw » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Chestnut time again! I am going to roast my first of the season tonight.