Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents
appledore

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Post by appledore » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Will. You're probably at CP, but if not you soon will be. :) You'll be full of excitement. :)

It's been very cold here, the bird bath was frozen solid. We've had some snow, but it's gone now. It's supposed to warm up and be wet. I'd rather it was cold and dry. Your geraniums did well to flower as long as they did. It always amazes me how pansies survive the cold, they look so fragile, but must be tough little things.

I was going to post some photos of the decorations, but we haven't put them up yet. :lol: :oops: Photobucket is playing up again anyway.

Cuddles turned up the other day, we hadn't seen him for weeks. I saw him out of the kitchen window, so I went out and shouted for him and he ran to me. He was pleased to see me, he's such a fuss pot. Pirate's fine, but the hen always gets to his food first. They send cuddles to Rudey. He'll miss you.

I hope you both have a wonderful and happy Christmas and New Year. We're looking forward to spending time with our family. I hope it doesn't snow when we have to travel.

I've seen the temporary file. Your garden and lights look lovely.
Keep calm and carry on.

ArthurNer

Post by ArthurNer » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Stunning image, Appledore. That red color is so bright. What kind of trees are these, does anyone know?

appledore

Post by appledore » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Thank you Arthur. The trees look lovely at this time of year. We'd like to know what kind of trees they are too. They could be related to Photinia (Red Robin).
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi apples, how was your Christmas? We had a magical time at CP, sooo much fun! :D We also had a lovely Christmas at home, and are still celebrating with lots of goodies and occasional mulled wine. :mrgreen: We were lucky at CP, no rain at all during the day, but the ground was wet in the mornings, so perhaps it rained over night. We cycled like mad, swam, walked, and fluffy cooed! Oh we did have such a wonderful hol, sad when its over, but lovely to go home to our beautiful home too. :) We get two christmases, so spoilt we are.

We have done heaps of sales shopping too, bought new coats yesterday, and some bits and bobs. We will see if there is anything else in the New Years sales.

I went fishing today, didn't catch anything thought. It was very cold, my fingers were freezing! :lol: If I had caught a fish I wouldn't have minded, but four hours up and down the river, and nothing. But I did enjoy it, always do. :)

Rudey is being spoilt with lots of treats, his first mum brought him some treats just before we went away. He was so happy to be home, he came into the bedroom this morning and said "ma ma ' so perfectly, I ran downstairs to feed him...sucker aren't I!

I do hope you had a lovely time. We have seen and heard about so many people with colds over Christmas time, our family were ill. Hubby had a cold at CP, and one a few weeks before that. But I haven't caught one yet...hope I don't! :shock:

appledore

Post by appledore » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi Will. I'm so pleased you had a magical time at CP. The time would fly over, it always goes fast when you don't want it to. :) We had a lovely Christmas too. Our grandchildren's faces on Christmas Day were a picture. It was lovely to spend the day with them.

You were lucky that it didn't rain. We had a lot of snow this morning, but it's melting a little bit now and it's getting foggy.

We haven't been to the sales. I bought a jumper the other day, but it wasn't in the sales. I love jumpers. :lol: I think winter clothes are much nicer than summer clothes.

Rudey will be pleased you're home. It's kind of his first mum to buy him treats. He's a clever cat saying ma ma. I hope hubby has got over his cold and you don't catch it.

Cuddles turned up the other night. I opened the utility door to give him a bowl of grub, and he was growling. All of a sudden Pirate appeared and tried to attack him. Cuddles ran into the utility and hid in the corner beside the dryer. What a performance to get him out again. :lol: I don't know why they can't be friends.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Happy New Year! :D :D Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas.

What did you get for Christmas? We got each other so much, it does get silly. I have lots of new clothes, and some cute stuff like a large sparkly rubber duck for the bath. :lol:

I too love jumpers, I have a great Rudolph jumper with LED lights in the antlers...can't get enough jumpers.

What did you do last night? We had a realy fun night. It is Hubby & Wifey day today for us, :lol: so more prezzies were unwrapped this morning/afternoon...before we took all the decs down. :(

It is pouring down today, can't believe how heavy the rain is! Poor birdies, I went out to feed, the heavens opened, and they are mostly rained off.

Rudey sends a flabby cuddle to the kitties, and hen. He is licking his lips and thinking about that hen...no idea why? :wink: He won't be wanting to go out today.

I didn't catch Hubby's cold, I must be very healthy, or just immune to the colds he has caught recently. So many people had colds in the pool, I was sure I would catch one. :? Really glad I didn't.

Have a look on the tube, I put some more vids on, including a temp file with some photos from the hol at CP. A photo of a crashed car is on there, not ours thankfully, but a strange way to park at CP. :mrgreen: They must have been in a hurry to get to their lodge. Hubby is a clever and put a red nose on our LED reindeer. I said 'I wish it had a big red light up nose' and he went and put one on for me...gush gush I am a lucky girl. :D

appledore

Post by appledore » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Will. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! We don't buy for each other for Christmas, we just get what we fancy as and when. If we're out and we see a picture or something that we like then we buy it. Then when we get home we wonder where we're going to put it. :lol: I got a lovely handbag and tasties from our family. I know you like handbags. :lol:

We didn't do anything special last night. We do sound boring. :lol: I don't like New Year, never have done. I was woken up by fireworks at midnight, they went on for half an hour. Then I couldn't get back to sleep. Hubby didn't hear a thing. :lol:

We took our decs down today too. That's it for another year. We've had a little bit of rain today, but it's mostly been sunny. It's supposed to rain tomorrow though.

Pirate sends a cuddle for Rudey. We haven't seen Cuddles. The hen's still in residence, but I wish it would go home.

I've had a look on the tube. The poor ducks on the ice. I look like that when it's slippery. I fell a couple of weeks ago, and it was even icy. I love the singing reindeer, and I'd like a go on the zipwire. They must have been in a hurry to get to their lodge. Your hubby is very clever putting a red nose on your LED reindeer. You'll be looking forward to your next holiday now.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi apples, did you get wind swept the other night? We saw that a few small branches had blown off trees in the winds the next morning, I don't think we got the highest winds where we are, the coast was worst for the gales and hail. You always worry about potential damage to your roof when they forecast 80mph winds, but luckily it hasn't happened yet. :shock: Hope it never happens.

I bet the handbag is awful! :lol: Ooops I mean lovely. :wink: :o I just received some parcels in the post, one is my new waders...waders with a pouch are much better than a handbag...I mean how stylish will I look?!?!?! I must go fishing again soon looking like a proper little wally. :lol: Another parcel had some replacement lights which were failing over Christmas. Thankfully the company replaced free of charge. :)

New year isn't my favourite time either, but we do have fun. I used to hate the whole thing in the past! We make everything special, and don't do the stupid thing and gather in public places with strangers...now that I do not understand? It is a bit sad taking the decs down on new years day, I really miss them, and it being Christmas, I could do another few weeks of it. :)

I hope Cuddles is ok, Rudey thanks Pirate for the cuddle, he says its better than the poke in the eye from next doors cat. :lol: I think it is so funny how the hen won't go away, but then you wouldn't want to chase it away would you? You are soft like me and have to feed everything, including a dozen greedy pigeons and tree rats. :lol: Hubby would think of ways not to feed them, but I say they all have to eat.

Glad you like the videos, the singing reindeer are soooo cute! Yes poor ducks, but I was killing myself laughing at them. We threw loads of seed on the ice, so that is why they went into a skating frenzy. It must have been really cold there before we arrived, because it didn't feel cold during the hol. In fact the ice had melted by the end of our hol. I am quite hardy these days I think, hubby feels the cold more than I do...which I still can't believe. :shock:

I had a lovely long walk yesterday, the stream was raging, good job I didn't go to the river to fish, it is rubbish conditions at the moment. But I enjoyed walking in the wind and rain, because I am weird like that. :mrgreen: Have you done some more walks?

We will have to book another holiday to look forward to now, I am itching to back to the Galloway forest, it was amazing there, and I could fish morning and night. :lol: I hope my waders don't let water in though! That won't be fun at all if that happens!!!! :x

appledore

Post by appledore » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi Will. The wind was terrible the other night. I was amazed anything was still standing the following morning. I only got about two hours sleep. Hubby slept through it, and I felt like waking him up. :lol: I always worry about the roof too.

It's a lovely pink handbag. I know you don't like handbags, but I love them and have a cupboard full. I didn't know you could get waders with a pouch. What are you going to put in them? Your sandwiches? :lol: You'll look very stylish though. Our battery Christmas lights didn't do too well this year. We don't know if it's the charger that's not charging properly or the batteries that are past it.

I didn't like New Year when I was younger either. I didn't like the way someone you wouldn't touch with a barge pole thinks it's ok to make a grab at you just because it's New Year. :x

We went for a walk last night and there were still a lot of Christmas lights. I don't think they look half as nice when Christmas is over. They lose their magic.

Pirate says Rudey is very welcome, and he sends another cuddle. Pirate's very nervous at the moment for some reason. He's been running away from me. He's stopped coming for his breakfast and turns up at lunchtime. I've managed to stroke him today, but he was reluctant to come to me. We haven't seen Cuddles. The hen's still here. No, I wouldn't chase it away, I just wish it would go of it's own accord. :lol: We had a pheasant in the garden today.

You'll soon be able to go fishing. I hope your waders don't let in water, or your sandwiches will be soggy. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.