Pretty Scenery

A chance to show off your photography talents
appledore

Re: Pretty Scenery

Post by appledore » Sat May 25, 2013 6:40 pm

I eat what I like too. I have a good appetite, but don't put weight on. Hubby gets mad as he just has to look at food and the pounds pile on. I feel so sorry for him. :lol: We've had fish and chips today, and they were yummy. We've been invited out for lunch tomorrow, I always think it tastes better when someone else has made it. :mrgreen:

Did you enjoy running round with no clothes on? I hope you waited until you got home and you weren't on the top of the car. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi apples. I hope you had a nice meal out, we have been eating out a lot, it does taste better. :lol: Cooking gets quite boring, I prefer to eat someone else’s cooking. Hubby doesn't mind, but then he doesn't cook! :mrgreen:

Is it still Autumn like where you are? We have cold weather, rain and cloud. Although we did manage a BBQ a few days ago. It ranges from April showers to full on wintery weather. I have never had the heating on for so long I don't think. We turn it off, we turn it on...we just don't know when summer will arrive.

Although I am not moaning really, I quite like it cooler and love rain. Just want the heating off. Grrrr

I watched a fab bird display on a walk the other day, a rook was chasing off a bird of prey. It kept dive bombing it, eventually the bird of prey changed course. I often see crows together chasing away a bird of prey, but had never seen a lone rook do this before…I’ll become a twitcher soon if I’m not careful. :lol:

appledore

Post by appledore » Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi Will. We had a lovely meal thanks, our son cooked it, he enjoys cooking. He doesn't get that from me. :lol: I cook because I have to. They were all tired with travelling home, and our grandkids weren't very well, but it was good to see them.

It's horrible weather here, we had hail the other day and it's so cold, It's been damp, cold and miserable today. We were going to buy some bedding plants today, but it's hardly the weather for the garden centre. I'd rather it was cold as very hot, but warm would be nice. :)

We often see pigeons and magpies fighting, and usually the pigeons win. The blackbirds fight a lot too.

You'd have laughed if you'd seen Mr. Visiting Cat the other day. I was sweeping up with the broom and he kept rubbing his head against the broom and shouting. I realised he wanted to be brushed, so I started off very gently, but then he started pushing hard against the bristles and purring his head off. I won't bother with the cat brush anymore, I'll just use the broom. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Aww the brush cat sounds adorable! We have a cat visiting and it looks like our cat, he sits where our cat sits and it is driving our poor cat mad. I go to the window and our cats little doppelganger brushes all over the window and just wants a cuddle. Our cat dives at the window wining! It is very cute. :) I almost let the wrong cat in the other day.

http://www.catsncats.com/galleries/cat- ... -broom.gif When bush cat gets in the way, just sweep him to the corner neatly. :lol:

appledore

Post by appledore » Fri May 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Will. Mr. visiting puss has been broomed again today. He's been helping me to plant the bedding plants, hiding under the bushes and jumping out. :lol: Your cat will be jealous of his double. It must be confusing for you.

It's a lovely day today, and out have come the stinky bbqs. :lol: I know you like a bbq, but I hate the smell. yuk!!! I've shut all the windows. I might just put a value bucket over my head. :)
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Awww I smell BBQ's and I just want one. I actually don't like the smell afterwards when cleaning it, the stink is awful. I must like BBQ's a lot to put up with the cleaning and smell. :lol:

I hope you had a nice weekend, it has been lovely and sunny here. I was walking today and for the first time this year it felt hot! I came home with a glow. 8)

I picked up some washing from a chair today, about to do some ironing and there was a cat...another cat. They just keep coming in if I leave the door open, it was having a lovely kip.

appledore

Post by appledore » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: I picked up some washing from a chair today, about to do some ironing and there was a cat...another cat. They just keep coming in if I leave the door open, it was having a lovely kip.
Aw, poor cat. I bet he was dreaming of fish, birds and mice. :lol: I took some washing from the ironing basket, and there was a huge spider. :shock: It's put me off ironing for life. We'll just have to stay creased. :lol:

It's been lovely and sunny here too. We got lots of gardening done, but there's still a lot to do.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm

appledore wrote:I took some washing from the ironing basket, and there was a huge spider. :shock: It's put me off ironing for life. We'll just have to stay creased. :lol:
:lol: Any excuse! :wink: I hate ironing more than spiders I think. http://blueberryjunkie.com/wp-content/u ... rials1.jpg Buy one of these and you'll not know the difference, although it looks like an up-side-down cat with 8 legs to me. :lol:

appledore

Post by appledore » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:28 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:I took some washing from the ironing basket, and there was a huge spider. :shock: It's put me off ironing for life. We'll just have to stay creased. :lol:
:lol: Any excuse! :wink: I hate ironing more than spiders I think. http://blueberryjunkie.com/wp-content/u ... rials1.jpg Buy one of these and you'll not know the difference, although it looks like an up-side-down cat with 8 legs to me. :lol:
It does look like an upside down cat with 8 legs. :lol: If spiders looked like that I probably wouldn't be bothered about them. I ironed for two hours this afternoon, and not a spider in sight thankfully. :lol:

Another lovely day. Are you having a busy time watering your pots? A short shower every night would save us the bother.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi apples. Lovely day today, hotter than yesterday and I prefer it slightly cooler to be honest. I wish we could control the weather and have a good shower every night, our flowers were wilting today.

I seem to get two hours or more of ironing every week, isn't it annoying. I always think about the advert where all the wildlife around are doing chores, I can't think what it was for, but we feed all the wildlife enough...I want ironing done in exchange for seeds! :mrgreen:

How is your gardening going? You said you have a lot to do, I bet this weather is making everything grow like lightening. Even with a pot plant garden, the growth is amazing this time of the year. Weeds know no bounds.

appledore

Post by appledore » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: How is your gardening going? You said you have a lot to do, I bet this weather is making everything grow like lightening. Even with a pot plant garden, the growth is amazing this time of the year. Weeds know no bounds.
We're starting to struggle a bit with the garden. We didn't get much done last year with all the rain, and there's so much to do. We're going to try to get someone to come and weed right round, and hope we can then keep on top of things. We already have someone who comes to cut the grass every week, and someone else who comes once a year to cut all the hedges. We've both spent all afternoon weeding, but there are other things we want to do like decorating, and we like to go out once in a while. :) I think the time's approaching when we're going to have to move to somewhere with a smaller garden. But where? That's the problem. :mrgreen:

I often wonder where all the ironing comes from when there's only two of us. The thing I don't like about ironing is having to stand in one place for a long time. I'm a bit of a fidget, and always on the go.

It was hot yesterday, but it's been cooler today. I like it cooler too.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi apples. I would do your gardening for you, I would get rid of all the weeds and plants lots of trees in their place. :lol:

I would imagine a big garden does take up too much time, my mother in law loves gardening and had a beautiful garden. But it took up too much of her time, they moved and still have a fairy big garden, but they don't need to be a slave to it. I remembered they had to time holidays around it because there was so much to be done.

You should move and get a smaller garden if it is becoming a hand full, much nicer to be able to relax a bit more and go and have a good time. Gardening is nice, but it shouldn’t be a burden. I'm not saying you and Mr. apples are past it, but I do see how a large garden can get out of hand now and again.

It was gorgeous today, nice everyday now, although I might just have jinxed it. :shock:

I saw a mouse yesterday trying to get nuts from a bird feeder, then not being able to get back up the large metal handle, it was funny to watch. I took photos, but I was a bit too late, I just got mouse bum. :mrgreen:

appledore

Post by appledore » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Will. We had our bird feeder on the patio, but there was such a mess with bird p** that we moved it to a tree so the p** falls on the grass. When it was on the patio we often had a mouse eating the nuts, they climbed up some ivy. :)

We're not quite past it yet, but getting there. :lol: :wink: It takes longer to do things these days. We'd rather have a smaller garden that looks tidy than a large one that looks a mess. We'll see how we go. We usually get in a panic at this time of year as everything is growing so fast. You're welcome to come and get rid of the weeds and plant some trees, the more the better. :)

It's been a gorgeous day again. I hope you haven't jinxed it. :)
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am

appledore wrote:It's been a gorgeous day again. I hope you haven't jinxed it. :)
"YEAH!!!" I didn't jinx it. Well, not at least if you live uuup north. :lol:

Another gorgeous day today, loads of baby birds around, just lovely. :D

Hope you are enjoying the same amount of sun as we are. :)

appledore

Post by appledore » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:["YEAH!!!" I didn't jinx it. Well, not at least if you live uuup north. :lol:

Aye it's grand if you live uuup North. :lol: It started off a bit damp this morning, but then the sun came out. :D

I've had a lazy day today, haven't done much at all.
Keep calm and carry on.