Pretty Scenery

A chance to show off your photography talents
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: Pretty Scenery

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi apples. I hope you and mr. apples are well have been enjoying the lovely sunshine today. We have been busy buying plants and doing some gardening, we got some berberis and some other hedging plants I have forgotten the names of. :oops:

We saw seven magpies in the garden yesterday, they like bread! We threw out some nuts which brought them down, then I threw out some bread and they were choosing the bread over the nuts. I’ll try cat food tomorrow. We have named them the magnificent seven. So inventive I know :roll: But you can’t tell them apart very easily.

We have two squirrels visiting, we have named them Ant and Dec. :lol: I'm going to feed them and try and get then to trust me so they eat out of my hand. I bet it will take some time, I'll certainly post a piccy if it happens. :D

Have you seen much wildlife recently?

appledore

Post by appledore » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi Will. Yes, Mr. Apples and I are very well. I hope Mr. Wills and your goodself are well too. :lol:

We've been gardening too. Did you buy the pinky coloured berberis? We bought some escallonia last week to cover one of our fences, and an orange azalea. We've put the azalea in a black pot on the patio so it should look really pretty next year. When we went to buy the bedding plants for the pots and baskets there wasn't much to choose from - the petunias were on their last legs, and the busy lizzies looked even worse. We bought Verbenas that we'd never had before. When we got home I looked on Google and it said that some varieties grew to six feet. Wouldn't they have looked good in a hanging basket? :roll: Luckily the ones we bought haven't grown very tall and they're starting to flower. They're pretty.

I haven't seen seven magpies together. It's supposed to be unlucky to see one. I can't think why. :lol:

We haven't seen much wildlife except for the birds. I threw some apples out for the blackbirds today. Mr. visiting puss is in a funny mood. He seems to be hiding somewhere and comes running when he hears the door open, then I give him something to eat, he sniffs it, backs away and wanders off. I think he must have had a bad mouse.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi apples. We are super well, thank you. :D :D

We bough purple berberis and the green. I'll have to learn all the names of the plants we have ordered, they haven't been delivered yet so they have gone out of my mind.

It sounds like you are planting a lot too, although you have more garden to fill. Our new garden is bigger than the previous one, but it is full of trees and shrubs already, so we can't go too mad. Although I can see me buyng more trees anyway. :mrgreen:

Your visiting cat has either eaten a bad mouse, or is twisting lots of other people round its little paws. :lol:

It has been ultra windy today, not seen ant and dec, just a few of the magnificent seven. Although got lots of feeders up now so I'll get up at the crack of dawn and watch what comes into the garden.

We did put food out last night and it all went, no idea what ate it, but there was a giant wood pigeon on the fence this morning, I thought it was a duck with a shrunken head at first, it was a real fatty! :)

I bet you haven't been gardening today?!?! If so brave you. :)

appledore

Post by appledore » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Will. Have you moved house? I know you said you were looking. 8)

Ant and Dec will be sheltering from the rain if your weather is the same as ours. There are some huge crows that sit in a tree and wait until I throw out some bread then they scoop up the lot, the small birds have to be very quick to get some.
Mr. Puss is back to normal today, he's a fusspot. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:21 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. Have you moved house? I know you said you were looking. 8)
8) YEAH!!!!! :D

I didn't want to jinx anything, I saw this house last year when we first started looking. I wanted it and it was the only one! Then it sold. :x :cry: I was devastated! But luckily for us it fell through and we scooped it up, it is wonderful. We have so many plans for this one, it is going to be great fun. :D

It backs onto woodland, we have trees, although the garden is only about 6 x 7 panels. It is like a mini Center Parcs. Down the road there is an amazing woodland walk, people have seen deer going past the back before....so I'll keep my eyes peeled when winter comes and the leaves drop.

We are very lucky to have got this house, all the rest were rubbish in comparison. Overlooked gardens and chav bubbles tacked on...not my cup of tree at all. :mrgreen:

I'm going to start spending like there is no tomorrow, I'll start with the garden and hubby will make steps to get the house ready for its makeover.

Our cat is stuck in now, wondering whether he'll ever set foot in the garden. I am a little worried about him getting lost. It would be better to keep him in for as long as possible, but he does go stir crazy when not let out, so we'll see who cracks first. :wink:

Have you looked at moving at all? It is difficult to view properties unless your house has sold. When we thought we wouldn't get this one it was hell. Everything else wouldn't measure up and you feel you will have to compromise with something you don't really want.

I felt like setting up a tent in the garden of this one and telling the other buyers they would have to put up with us squatting if they bought the house. :lol: I willed the sale to fall through, and it worked! :oops: 8)

appledore

Post by appledore » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Will. That's lovely. I'm really chuffed for you, and hope that you and Mr. Will are really happy there, and enjoy your new garden.

There's nothing like a good spend. We're not really looking at the moment, but if anything catches our eye we'll go for a nosey. :lol: I hate buying houses, you feel like you're holding your breath until it all goes through.

Think of the adventures Mr. Puss will have when he gets out, and the adventures you'll have finding him. :lol:

I can just imagine you living in a tent and putting a curse on the other buyers. :D
Keep calm and carry on.

appledore

Post by appledore » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi Will. Mr.Apples is pleased about your house too. It sounds lovely. You don't need a huge garden if you've got woodland at the back. We're reluctant to move as we're not overlooked and there are trees everywhere we look.

I had my eye on a house for years, and when it came on the market we went to have a look. It was such a disappointment.
It wasn't very nice inside, but we could have changed that, but when we went into the back garden it was so overlooked it was like being in a prison yard. It's still on the market two and a half years later, and they haven't reduced the price.
Keep calm and carry on.

COGGY
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by COGGY » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 pm

I have just really enjoyed reading your messages to each other. It was great fun and quite relaxing. A good change from some of the posts on the site. Some more photos would be good to look at. (cheeky aren't I) :D

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 pm

I would love to upload some new photos I have taken, but I am having computer problems. :|
I'll upload my new bird species next week...it is a goslingheadshortbum. :mrgreen:
apples have you any new piccies? :)

appledore

Post by appledore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:35 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:...it is a goslingheadshortbum. :mrgreen:
:)
That sounds like our neighbour, especially the shortbum bit. :lol: I hope you get your computer sorted.

A friend gave us a small horse chestnut tree a few years ago, and it was just getting to be a decent size. It's in a part of the garden that we can't see from the house, and when I went on a wander yesterday I found that a large branch had fallen off. It's nowhere near anyone else's garden, so we don't know what's happened to it. :?

I have no new piccies, but I'll see what I can come up with. :)
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:53 pm

appledore wrote:That sounds like our neighbour, especially the shortbum bit. :lol:

A friend gave us a small horse chestnut tree a few years ago, and it was just getting to be a decent size. It's in a part of the garden that we can't see from the house, and when I went on a wander yesterday I found that a large branch had fallen off. It's nowhere near anyone else's garden, so we don't know what's happened to it. :?
Apparently if really ugly goslingheadshortbums stare at trees too long, the branches die of shock. It is a bit like the medusa effect. :lol: This new bird species travels far! :wink:

appledore

Post by appledore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi Will. Hope you and Mr. Will are well. I was just wondering how you're getting on with your gardening. I hope the weather's better than it is here. It's been hoyin it doon all day. :lol: Has Mr. Puss ventured out yet?
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. Hope you and Mr. Will are well. I was just wondering how you're getting on with your gardening. I hope the weather's better than it is here. It's been hoyin it doon all day. :lol: Has Mr. Puss ventured out yet?
Hello apples, we are very well thank you for asking. I hope you are both well too. :)

The gardening is going slowly, I am going to try and improve the grass a bit. We are still waiting for our plants to be delivered, all I have been able to do is cut back a bit and pull up dozens of self-seeded ash trees.

I have hung lots of feeders, our neighbour noticed this and we had a long chat about birds and wildlife in the area. We are keeping our ears open to hear owls at night, we see many bats at night here. So far we have Jays coming down regularly, which is new and exciting! Yet to see woodpeckers, but I'm promised that woodpeckers are regular visitors.

Mr Puss got out one day and there was a bit of a panic, but he soon came back. We only let him in to the back garden, he can't get out because he can't climb anything. He has become a spoilt little princey boy house cat. :lol: He settled in very well, but won't sleep on his own chair, he has to sleep next to me...usually curled around my head...I shouldn't really allow it, but he is a mega beast who gets his own way. :|

It looks like we are in for a nice weekend, we might have our 1st BBQ...smokeless of course! :wink: Hopefully by the weekend we will have some plants to plant in the garden, so the nice weather will be very welcome for that too.

Have you been rained in too then? I have to say I did a rain dance the other day when I had put weed and feed down and was wandering if I would have to water it all in. The rain started and I was very pleased, we shall wait now for some less mossy grass. :D

Ooooooh Love it here!!!!! :D :D

appledore

Post by appledore » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Will. I can tell you love it there. :lol: I'm really pleased for you. It sounds like you've got a nice neighbour too, so that's a bonus. :)

I've been gardening this afternoon, with lots of help from visiting cat. He was trying to climb on my knee while I was weeding. :lol: Purring his little head off and looking at me with his lovely eyes, one's blue and the other green. He's a handsome boy. I think he's a boy anyway. :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen a Jay. I hope Woodie Woodpecker comes soon. :lol: I hope your plants come soon too. I'm very impatient when I'm waiting for something to be delivered.
Keep calm and carry on.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Your visiting cat sounds cute, you should call him David Bowie, with his different coloured eyes. :) Our cat is not happy that there is another cat next door, who likes to visit this garden. I chase it away as I don't want spoilt boy getting stressed. His new garden is his kingdom. :lol: