A few from my flickr albums

Post by jimmyeao » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

A few from my flickr pics..

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: A few from my flickr albums

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Nice photos, did you take them all? I love the first photo, just stunning! :)

jimmyeao

Post by jimmyeao » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:39 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Nice photos, did you take them all? I love the first photo, just stunning! :)
I did, thank you for the kind words - its a hobby of mine, now the weather is improving I need to get out with my camera more!

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I was just looking at the bee photo again, it is so lovely and sharp. What camera do you use?

I rescued a bee out of my watering can one day, (don't know why it went in for a swim?) It was all wet and couldn't fly. I got a plate and put some honey next to it, then the bee started to drink the honey. I was watching it really close up and it was quite wonderful. :D
I put it out in the sun and it soon flew away, but it didn't half have a good drink first. Fab to see photos of them close up, they are gorgeous little creatures. :)

appledore

Post by appledore » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Really good photos. I like the fourth one best, it's magical. I wouldn't be surprised to see some elves pop out from behind the trees. :)
Keep calm and carry on.

jimmyeao

Post by jimmyeao » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I was just looking at the bee photo again, it is so lovely and sharp. What camera do you use?

I rescued a bee out of my watering can one day, (don't know why it went in for a swim?) It was all wet and couldn't fly. I got a plate and put some honey next to it, then the bee started to drink the honey. I was watching it really close up and it was quite wonderful. :D
I put it out in the sun and it soon flew away, but it didn't half have a good drink first. Fab to see photos of them close up, they are gorgeous little creatures. :)
I use a Sony A550 DSLR, the picture of the bee was taken using a Minolta 75-300mm Zoom lens. Bees are facinating creatures, would love to get some more - that picture was the best of around 30 I shot trying to capture it! Thank goodness for digital :)

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:32 pm

jimmyeao wrote:I use a Sony A550 DSLR, the picture of the bee was taken using a Minolta 75-300mm Zoom lens. Bees are facinating creatures, would love to get some more - that picture was the best of around 30 I shot trying to capture it! Thank goodness for digital :)
We only use point and shoot, so it would take hundreds of shots to get anywhere near the quality of that photo.

You are right, bees are amazing. I read that they keep alive by shivering together in a huddle. They can shiver and create enough heat to kill a hornet which preys on them, they cook the hornet basically.

I held a bumble be in my hand, just loosely to let it out the door, but the power you feel from such a little tiny creature is unbelievable. They are like quivering body builders at super high speed. :lol:

boeingman

Post by boeingman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:31 pm

One for horse lovers.
bro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 pm

That is a lovely photo. Horses are so very beautiful. :)