Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG »

Aww I can just imagine your visiting cat coming for his daily hair styling, I hope you make it a little different each day....try this... http://punkrockdirect.net/wp-content/up ... k_cat2.jpg :wink:

I am glad you have found a buyer, I hope it all goes well for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Our sale looked a bit iffy, but it all went through ok in the end. We partly didn't believe it would go through because they offered so close to asking price, we thought it might be too good to be true. :lol: We were considering an offer £15,000 below just weeks before, and if it had fallen through I think we would have accepted the lower offer. With prices rising we had to move fast, or be priced out of what we wanted.

Have you found anything nice? House hunting can be quite fun, but also quite frustrating at times when you view a cave with a brick surround. :mrgreen:
appledore

Post by appledore »

I think I'll go for this hairdo tomorrow. It reminds me of someone but I can't think who it is. :lol: I always call him he, but he could be a she. He will be when he has that hairdo. :lol:

We've found a house with a smaller garden. I'll be sad to leave here, but the garden's getting to be a problem. It's a problem getting jobs done. You find someone and then they don't turn up. Or they turn up and then they don't do what you want. It'll be nice to be able to cope with the work ourselves. I'll miss visiting cat too, and I'm worried that he won't get fed.

There's quite a bit of work to do. Number one is removing the most horrendous fireplace. I can't live with that. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Oh apples that cat wig is awful! :lol: It reminds me of something awful too...ew brain wash quickly! :lol:

I'm glad you found somewhere nice, even if the fire needs a new home in a skip. The fireplace here was disgusting!!!!! But someone actually bought it, I just couldn't stop laughing at the thought that someone thought it was fabulous...easily pleased obviously. :mrgreen:

I bet you will enjoy having a smaller garden, it is such hard work moving, and then all the work you need to do once in your new home seems endless. But it is so very worth it, I feel like our house will take a very long time to complete, but we would do it again in a heartbeat. :D

Our garden is small, but I enjoy looking at the trees so much, words can't express what joy I get from it, and the walks are super duper too. I bet you will soon be telling me how lovely your new garden is and about all the cute new visitors you will be feeding. I hope your visiting cat gets fed, but most of all I really hope your move goes well and you absolutely love your new home. :)
appledore

Post by appledore »

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: I'm glad you found somewhere nice, even if the fire needs a new home in a skip. The fireplace here was disgusting!!!!! But someone actually bought it, I just couldn't stop laughing at the thought that someone thought it was fabulous...easily pleased obviously. :mrgreen:
They must have had no taste Will. :mrgreen: I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy our fireplace. :lol: I think I'll have to sit with my back to it until we get it replaced.

It is hard work moving. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff we've thrown out. Even if the move goes pear shaped we'll have a lovely tidy house. I know what's in every cupboard. :) I still don't think it's going to happen. The buyers have come up with a list of things they want doing before they'll proceed. Most of them have already been done, and it wouldn't matter if the rest were never done. Piffling little things. We've accepted an offer well below the asking price, so I'm afraid they'll have to take it as it is or walk away.

I think we'll enjoy a smaller garden too. The pleasure goes when it's hard work. We'll soon have it the way we want it.
I told the buyer about visiting cat, and she said oh don't worry our dog will chase it away. I said I didn't want it chasing away, and would she feed it. She said no. We can't take him with us as I'm sure he belongs to someone else. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. We felt the same when we were clearing out loads of stuff ready to move, if things had have fallen through, we would have had a lovely sort. But you really want it to go through, and it is frightening to think it won't happen. I really do feel for you because we were in the same boat just months ago, so we will be sending good wishes your way until it does all go through.

I want to hear all about your lovely new home when it happens, and I think it will. I'm sure your visiting cat will miss you too, but he'll be ok, cats are great survivors. I bet he has a home he is bored with and he doesn't like what his owners feed him as much as your food, so he will find another person to take pity on him, I think our cat would have done the same if we had not taken him on. I actually think cats are master manipulators, they know a kind heart when they find one and milk you for every cuddle and meal they can get. But love them just the same... :lol: Our cat is like a little love sponge, he just can't get enough cuddles, he follows me and cries if he can't sit on my knee. I think it is his age, he needs way more attention now, and I give it to him.

We went for a walk today, it was very cold but just lovely. We kicked through tons of leaves and talked about Christmas and all the fun we will have. Are you enjoying the cold weather?
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. We even have a tidy shed and greenhouse. There's never been such times. I've always thrown things out, it's hubby who's the hoarder. :lol: I think he was ashamed :D when he saw all the junk he'd accumulated, and if he wasn't he should have been. :D Thanks for the good wishes. If nothing happens this week we're going to have to try and stir things up. Everything seems to have come to a standstill. I'll tell you all about our new home if and when it happens. I don't want to say too much yet incase I jinx it.

Our son says that visiting cat comes because he prefers the food he gets here. Some days he doesn't come at all, so someone else is feeding him. I'll miss him though. :( You're right cats are manipulators. They know who will feed them and love them. He likes to 'help' when I'm gardening. He hides in the bushes and then dashes out. I've nearly fallen over him a few times.

It's been a lovely day here, sunny and very cold. I've just about finished the Christmas shopping. Have you finished yours?
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. My hubby is a hoarder too, although he always says you should never throw something away which might one day be useful. And he is right, no end of bits he squirrels away come in handy. But I like a today house, so get rid of clutter :)

We have done some Christmas shopping, although have lots left to do. We might have a couple of shopping days out in the next few weeks. It is hard to go out and get shopping now, there is always something to do on the house and we end up at Wickes or B&Q. :lol:

I am looking out for a new Christmas tree though. Ours looks lovely when decorated but it is old now, and we can get a bigger tree for this house. :P

I know what you mean about not wanting to jinx the house sale, we were nervous about getting our hopes up too much. It is better to think it might fall through, then if and when it happens it is even more whoopeeee! :D
As they say 'all good things come to those who wait'. It is fate I think, stuff happens when you least expect it and everything seems to work out for the best somehow. At least that is how I see it. :)

We had a very rainy day today, but I still went for a long walk. It was warmer than expected, I got all wrapped up and was too warm. Soon we will be wrapped up in thermal gear and ready for snow! It really isn't long till xmas now, all the adverts on telly are making me want to get the decs up.
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. I like a today house too. I can't stand clutter. I like everything neat and tidy, and sometimes when I'm visiting someone I feel like tidying up. I don't think that would go down well. :oops:

We only have a couple of Christmas presents to buy now. With any luck we'll be visiting B&Q in the near future. I'm quite looking forward to the decorating (if we ever get there). :)

We've had a small Christmas tree for a few years, but a couple of years ago we decided we'd decorate the large one that we've had in the loft for ages. Unfortunately it had the mange and had to go down the tip. It did look a mess. :lol:

We think that if the house sale is meant to be it'll happen, and if it doesn't we'll put it back on the market in the spring and we'll probably find a house that we like better. I think it's fate too. It's just a funny feeling not knowing what's going to happen.

It's been a miserable day today, but much milder.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. How is the Christmas shopping going, have you finished yet? I always say I'm finished, but then buy more. :lol: We still have lots of shopping to do.

I'm still wanting to get the decs up, but we will have to wait until December this year.

A beautiful moon lit walk, with scarlet oak and shepherds delight. :D
appledore

Post by appledore »

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:A beautiful moon lit walk, with scarlet oak and shepherds delight. :D
Very romantic!!! Lovely photos Will. The second one would look good with a witch on her broomstick passing overhead. :)

We've just about finished the Christmas shopping. We keep buying more toys. Then we get them out of the cupboard and make two piles - one for our granddaughter and one for our grandson to make sure they're about the same size. :lol: Not that they would notice they'll be too busy ripping the paper off. Our grandson likes wheeling the dollies about in a little
buggy. Am I making you broody Will? I can still imagine you out on one of your walks pushing a Silver Cross twin pram with a little boy in one end and a little girl in the other. I bet you're saying yuk now. :lol:

I don't know where we'll be putting our decs up. The rate things are moving we'll still be here next Christmas.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

appledore wrote:Am I making you broody Will? I can still imagine you out on one of your walks pushing a Silver Cross twin pram with a little boy in one end and a little girl in the other. I bet you're saying yuk now. :lol:

I don't know where we'll be putting our decs up. The rate things are moving we'll still be here next Christmas.
:lol: :lol: You wicked soul you! :lol: Now that is an awful thought!

YUK! YES VERY YUCKY

How are things going with the house sale? Are the buyers dragging their feet? It will be nice if you can move before Christmas in a way, but you might need a pop up tree which decorates its self. :lol:
appledore

Post by appledore »

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
:lol: :lol: You wicked soul you! :lol: Now that is an awful thought!

YUK! YES VERY YUCKY

. :lol:
You could put your cuttings and saplings on the parcel rack under the pram with your trowel etc. It would be very useful. :lol:

The buyers seem to have gone into hiding and taken their solicitors with them. Our solicitors are on the case, but they don't hurry. The contracts for our purchase are ready, but we can't sign one without the other or we'll have nowhere to live. Christmas in a tent doesn't sound very appealing. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. It is a worrying point when you are close to exchange, I'm sure it will all be fine. Our buyer wasn't in much of a hurry, which would have been fine if our sellers weren't rushing us. Some solicitors are very slow too, delays can be due to a lack of communication.

We have done some decorating today, it is very slow going this house, but at least we will have something else done before Christmas. Speaking of Crimbo, I have been buying more decs. Trouble is we have nowhere to put them really. Almost every room is full of junk and half done, so we will have to wait until next year to put them all up at once.

It is getting colder, definitely feels more Autumnal. We have several radiators to put back on. Half the house is warm and half cold. :lol:

How is your visiting cat? Our cat is getting more clingy in his old age, he runs from everything, even wind! :lol: :lol:
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. How's the decorating coming on? Our house sale is just about to go pear shaped. The buyers are coming up with the most ridiculous things they want doing before they'll exchange. Most have already been done or don't need doing, but the latest one is just stupid. I won't go into detail, but our solicitor says it's impossible, and even if it wasn't it would take months and months to complete. So we've given them the choice - either they proceed now or they walk away. I think they'll walk away. Anyway we'll know where we are and start again in the spring. We put off decorating this year, so we'll get the paint brushes out and do a bit of decorating. :) You could hang your Christmas decorations on the junk.

It's cold now isn't it? You'll need your radiators back on. Visiting cat is fine, but very hungry. He has a lovely thick coat now. I gave him a good brush yesterday, and he was very purrsome. :lol: He was frightened the other day. He was backing away from me and I couldn't understand why, then I realised it was because I had my hood up.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. Sorry to hear you have such demanding buyers, they sound like they are a bit spoilt. We certainly couldn't have made all sorts of demands when buying this house, or the last...we bough what we saw. I think people are getting too picky, even when they are getting a good deal, stupid time wasters really. I don't think anyone should put people through the stress of getting ready to sell unless they are serious and have some common sense. :x

They could just be trying it on of course, plus trying to stall the move until after the xmas period? I hope it goes through for you.

Your visiting cat doesn't like hoodies, he probably thought you were going to put a burbery collar on him. :lol:

We are going to have a break from decorating and put the decs up next weekend, we are needing a break from the house stuff, so will tidy up what we can and rest for a bit.

We will probably have to decorate boxes and junk, it will look like very pretty junk. :)