Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG »

Oh my goodness, that sausage tree looks fab! :wink: mmm crimbo and pork, I can think of nothng better. :oops: :lol:

We had roast pork on Sunday, ooooh the crackling was sooooooo yummy, I could have eaten a plate full of that crackling. :D

Our cat had a lovely time today playing with a screwed up piece of paper. He has plenty of toys, but will play with everything but... :?

Our cat doesn't paw your face, he sits close to my head and purrs. Then he will dig the bottom of the bed, or bottom of the door. By that time I dive out of bed to stop the digging! :x

I took the woodland photo today, it was a gorgeous afternoon. I had a real spring in my step today, I couldn't stop smiling, and was singing xmas tunes to myself. I really wanted to skip, but the birds would make fun of me if I did that. :lol:

I am very excited about the coming holiday, we will take a break from house stuff and really pig out and have fun. Are you already eating xmas goodies? We started 1st Dec and we're running out of chocs already....must shop quickly! :mrgreen:
appledore

Post by appledore »

You can't beat a bit of crackling. :lol:

Our cat made an awful mess of a carpet when he tried to dig his way out under a door. :lol:

I've been very good and haven't eaten one chocolate. Once I start I don't know when to stop. We haven't bought our Christmas cards yet, and there's still a pile of presents to wrap.

We've taken our house off the market, and we'll start again in the spring. Our buyers have started moaning about something else now, and we've decided we've had enough. We don't fancy moving in the middle of winter either. We should have been moved weeks ago.

We're looking forward to Christmas, time with our family and lots of toys to play with. :)

It's been a horrible day today, strong winds and rain.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. I am sorry to hear your sale isn't happening, but it could be for the best. Stupid time wasting buyers who drive the price down to boot, well they are a total arse.

It is uncanny as we had a buyer close to xmas last year, we kept it all very shtum as the buyer offered a hideously low price and we were very unsure of where we could move to. We had a small issue with the nfh’s laky and I said “NO!” Enough was enough, I did not ever wish to be moved out, I always wanted it to be a decision for us, not influence by trash…so we told this buyer to take a hike.

Well it was the best decision ever, we found our perfect house and got £15K more, so I think you may have done just the right thing.

I think you can now settle and have a wonderful Christmas spoiling your grandchildren. :D In the spring you might find a buyer who will pay more, as the market is rising, and then you can move in warm weather. I will keep my fingers crossed for that happening for you. :)

But a the moment it is Christmas!!! Yeah!!! :D :D :D :D

It was really windy yesterday and I took my life in my hands and walked 6 miles through woodland with tree branches dropping...I loved it! :mrgreen:

Today we have done more xmas shopping and have loads of wrapping to do, we also forgot to post xmas cards. We have 3 cards going to different countries which need stamps, and now I am worried we won't post them in time. :shock: I am not usually this disorganised.

Oh I really do love this time of year, I am packing for our holidays already....well too early, but I am so excited. Hubby just sits back and reminds me what I need to pack...lucky sod. Although if hubby packed #I would be cycling in a onesie and swimming in a cocktail dress. :lol: :lol:
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. Thanks for your kind words. We always said that we didn't want to be moved out. Finding a house that we like is the most important thing. We think it will work out for the best. The house we were buying wasn't our dream house, but we could have done something with it. We were looking for somewhere closer to shops etc as well as having a smaller garden. I'm sure our buyers were trying to get the price down, but enough's enough. We wouldn't let them have the house now if they turned up at the door with the money. We'd already dropped the price for them. We'll find somewhere else and we'll say that it's turned out for the best. :)

We haven't posted our Christmas cards yet, we haven't even written them. We only bought them yesterday :oops:
We're catching up with jobs that haven't got done as we thought we were moving. We're going to do some decorating after Christmas.

Did you wear a crash helmet when you went for your woodland walk? A big branch fell from one of our trees. Our garden looks a mess at the moment with all the leaves (sorry I mean leaf litter). :lol: I'll have a good sweep up tomorrow.

We're looking forward to Christmas with our grandchildren. All the new toys to play with. :D

I bet you pack too many clothes. I know I always do, and don't wear most of them.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. I'm glad you are positive about moving next spring, it will happen, and it will all be for the best. I was always told 'all good things come to those who wait', it is so true! I am impatient like you, so waiting for things to be just right was a push for me. :oops: :lol: But most things work out for the best...it is fate. :)

Teehee I was told to wear a helmet when I told hubby I was going for a walk in the 60mph gusts. :lol: Did I listen? :mrgreen: BOING ... Now I have some sense. :lol:

I don't know why leaves are called leaf litter...very strange. I call them grass decorations and leave them where they fall. :oops:

I used to pack too many clothes, now I pack lots of tops and sparkly jumpers, two pairs of jeans and one dress for a party night. I am very good at packing now...it did take time to realise I didn't need half my wardrobe. :P

Are you still buying toys for your grandchildren? I bet you can't resist spoiling them. :) We have posted our cards now, just got to give cards to neighbours and we are done. No more shopping to do other than to raid the sales after xmas. We found our perfect tree for next year, but it is so expensive, we might just wait and see if we can get one after xmas.

Do you buy new decorations for the tree every year? I always have to buy one or two. We might need an enormous tree if I keep going like that. :o
appledore

Post by appledore »

You are very organised with your packing. I keep saying 'I'd better take that just incase', and so it goes on. :lol: It would be easier just to tow the wardrobe. I hope you have a lovely holiday.

We've bought lots for our grandchildren, but if we see something else we think they'll like we'll buy that too. It's lovely to see their faces on Christmas day. Our son cooks Christmas lunch, so it's good not having to cook too. :)

I'd wait until after Christmas to buy your tree. I hope you get a bargain. We bought new decorations for the tree last year. The indoor tree's very small so it doesn't take much decorating, but it looks pretty. :) The tree in the front garden lit up the street one year as the lights were so bright. I don't think the ones we've just bought are as bright.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. It is nice that your son cooks at Christmas. :) I will be cooking a Christmas dinner early this year, we have been invited to a party at Christmas so I won't have to do much but eat, drink and be merry. :D I'm not sure if hubby could cook Christmas dinner, at least not without crying 'HELP!' :lol: With a lot of panicking and running back and forth with questions...best I cook.

We have had another round of mulled wine, oh it was yummy. Christmas songs are on and it feels so magical. :D

I bet your tree will look beautiful, it is lovely when you have new decorations.
I love warm white LED lights on a tree. I am not so keen on multi-coloured lights, or ones which flash. I tend to put any lights we have on a slow fade or just have them on. We found two boxes of spare bulbs which were for old sets of lights going back almost 20 years ago. :lol: Goodness knows why we keep them, we would never buy lights with bulbs you have to change, but hubby keeps everything.

I miss not having a tree to decorate this year, but it will be all the more wonderful next year with a new tree. I’m not sure what we’ll do with the old one, perhaps it can go in the bedroom. :lol:
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. I've found you these shoes for when you have a spring in your step. :lol:

The only trouble when men cook is that they make a lot of washing up. I usually wash up as I go along, but most men leave it all until the end.

We usually have clear twinkly lights on the outside tree, but we've bought some coloured ones this year. We don't have them flashing, some come on as others go off. If you know what I mean. When I was about 5 my grandad bought me some fairy lights. (there was electricity then - it had just been invented). :lol: They were quite large, screw in bulbs, and I thought they were wonderful.

It's been a cloudy day today, but quite mild. I'd rather have it cold and bright. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ooooh love the bouncy shoes, I was springing along today on my walk....I'm like Tigger. :D

I quite like those old fashioned lights with big multi-coloured bulbs, you still see those around, they remind me of fairgrounds. :)

Did you have a nice sunny day today? We did, I walked and saw a beautiful sunset before I got home. Silly me forgot my camera.

I have something for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWYzLGi3F18 They can help you decorate the tree. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUzpaJ_OsI :lol: :lol: This one has me in stitches!
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. The little tinkers. :lol: I was expecting the Christmas tree to fall over. :lol:

The singing cat reminds me of Frank Ifield singing 'She taught me to yodel', except the cat sounds better. :lol:

I like the old fashioned lights too. It's been very foggy here today, and so cold. I've finished wrapping the Christmas presents. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

appledore wrote:I've finished wrapping the Christmas presents. :D
What you got me?!!? :lol: :wink:

I got you some sous-chefs to help with crimbo dinner, they even cook sausages... :lol: Image

We are wishing you, mr. apples, and apples family a wonderful Christmas full of laughter and happiness. :D
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. The photo looks like too many cats spoil the broth. :lol:

Is this your squirrel?

We are wishing you and Mr. Will and your family, the bestest and happiest Christmas ever. Hope you have a wonderful time.xxx :D
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, ours was fab! :D We did our usual Center Parcs hol, it was so very lovely. This year we felt extra spoilt as we had two Christmases, we are soon going to have two New Year’s parties.

Did you spoil the grandchildren rotten? I bet you spoilt everyone. :)

Ooooh we got that amazing tree in the sales..soooo happy! :mrgreen: We have bought heaps of warm white lights and they look amazing...only problem is the tree looks great without decs. We have loads of tree decs, so now we need to buy another tree to put them all on. Hubby insists the lounge tree is to look real and understated. :lol:
I'll pile my many decs on another tree.

Did you go anywhere at crimbo? We came home and were supposed to go straight back out to another party, but we were too pooped. It is a shame to miss a party, but after crimbo at CP you just want to relax a bit. We go wild swimming and cycling, things hubby is not used to. I should try to get him fit before we go, he tends to lag behind me as I do more exercise all year round.

Did you get lots of presents? I got too many and was spoilt rotten. :D The cat is clingy as he hates the cattery, but is very happy to be home...as we are too. Amazing to come home to our own little Center Parcs. We might not have swans but we have the gorgeous little tree rats in abundance and I super love itl. :mrgreen:
The very beautiful swans
Biting off more than he could chew
Gorgeous decs on site
Our crimbo villa
appledore

Post by appledore »

Hi Will. We had a lovely happy Christmas. Our little grandchildren loved their presents, and their faces were a picture.
Our grandson was only a baby last year, but he was really into Christmas this year. Our granddaughter loves dressing up and she had a Christmas tree outfit, then on Boxing Day she was a Scottish Princess with a long, curly, ginger wig. We didn't see them that day, but we were kept up to date via the internet. :)

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I'm so glad you got the tree you wanted in the sales. :mrgreen: I'd had my eye on a handbag for weeks. I have a cupboard full of bags, but another one doesn't come amiss. Anyway I'd decided I wouldn't buy it when hubby told me not to be so silly and to get it ordered. When I went online it was in the sale with quite a bit off, so I'm pleased I didn't buy it earlier. :D You'll have to have his and hers trees. :lol: I don't think the decs look as good once Christmas is over.

We haven't done much really. I have a horrible cold and cough. Bronichal as my MIL used to say. :lol:

We won't be doing anything at New Year. I've never liked New Year.

It sounds good at CP, you'll have to get Mr. Will an exercise bike then he can exercise without going out. :)

Your crimbo villa looks very Christmassy.
Keep calm and carry on.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Hi apples. I'm so happy to hear you all had a lovely Christmas. I know what you mean about the decs not being the same after Christmas, I almost wish xmas day could roll over a few more times. :)

Poor you with a cold, you must have the same thing hubby has. He has had some sort of lingering cough/cold, he is fed up with it now. I hope yours goes soon, never nice to feel poorly.

Is your handbag going to be stuffed full of everything but the kitchen sink? :lol: Nice of your hubby to tell you to get it, you will have to ask for a bigger cupboard to put them all in next year. :wink:

New years eve has never been a big deal for us either, we prefer to do our own thing. Neither one of us like big groups of people, we prefer to be cuddled up together making our own fun.

One year I bought an exercise bike, I used it...hubby didn't. so we ended up selling it. We have proper bikes but they end up getting rusty and gathering cobwebs, we'll get out on them much more next year I think.

Our visiting squirrel is getting brave, today she was hanging off a feeder right outside our garden room window. I put the camera right upto the window and she continued to destroy the feeder. So I picked up the cat and held him to the window and they were practically nose to nose...it was so funny. :mrgreen: