Planning protection on estate managed tree on property

Trikky

Planning protection on estate managed tree on property

Post by Trikky » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:58 am

I know this sounds rather convoluted, but we are purchasing a new build property that; as part of the soft landscape plan, has a mature maple to be planted 1m from the front windows.

I have contacted the council to get permission to move the tree around 6ft (prior to planting so as not to damage it) so it is not going to provide access to open child's bedroom windows, allow light into the bedrooms and so on, however they have said that the street looking nice in photographs is more important and they are unwilling to change the plans.

They advised that the tree is protected as part of the plans for 5 years and is only allowed to be "managed" by the estate management company on the estate for this period.

My question:
Does the protection on the tree, as part of the planning permission, start from the day it is planted, the day I move in, or the day the builders finish the site? The only way I can see myself being able to remove the tree is on the first possible day I can to cut it down but I need to work out from which day I can do this.

Thanking those who answer in advance.

siteone

Re: Planning protection on estate managed tree on property

Post by siteone » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:09 am

I would ask a surveyor to look at the tree, to make sure, its not going to do damage to your property.

THey will advise on your other issues.