TPO confusion

Jlandy

TPO confusion

Post by Jlandy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:37 am

Hi

I have a section of land with a TPO on what appears to be 3 trees, the issue I have is on the orders map it shows a little black dotted box and in the description it says 2 sycamores ans one ash. In reality there are two beech and one ash, the council have said that it doesn't matter what is written in the description it is basically anything that grows within the dotted black box on the plan !!!

Does this mean I cannot cut the grass! there are some privet and a small bush like fir tree in there, does it mean i cannot cut that down?

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Many thanks

mr sheen

Re: TPO confusion

Post by mr sheen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 pm

TPO protects trees. It appears that the LA want to protect 3 trees in your land since they have been deemed to have amenity value for the whole community.

LA website will give more info and googling TPO will give you details of restrictions to which you are subject in relation to the TREES.

Jlandy

Post by Jlandy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi

I am aware of the protocol when it comes to what you have to do when you wish to work on the said trees, my confusion is with the trees being incorrectly identified and what I can do with the other bushes etc that are within the black dotted box.

It states on the order that you shall not, lop top, uproot etc,etc any tree specified in schedule 1 and there is only three trees specified in schedule 1 but, there are incorrectly identified. :?

mr sheen

Post by mr sheen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:39 pm

The only people capable of clearing up this specific confusion or modifying the order or clarifying it are the relevant authorities.

No one on a discussion forum can clarify, modify, explain or withdraw a specific tree protection order.

The fine/penalty for wilful damage to a protected tree is high and therefore before planning or actionning any work on any trees in the identified parcel of land, you would be well advised to sort out any confusion with the relevant authorities.

Uriah Heap

Post by Uriah Heap » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 pm

of course if 2 beech saplings were to self set in that dotted box area it would be really confusing after a few years and maybesomebody could be confused about which trees the tpo means.Its not your fault if the council cant identify trees :roll: