- Posts: 7389
- Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm
- Number of Posts per Page: 100
- Number of topics per page: 50
no, that’s not correctdespair wrote: ↑Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:05 pm Property owners are required to cut back and councils can issue notices for them do so but often that takes time ...i think they have a month to complete the work but often no one checks ....so seriously dont know you have much way fwd...others might know differentky
it’s the councils who are required to keep highways clear - and one way they can get this done is requesting owners of hedges to cut their hedges (they have been given statutory power to make this happen if owners aren’t amenable).
if the council haven’t done anything to make sure the highway is clear the hedge owner is not compelled to do anything.
- Posts: 5284
- Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:13 pm
- Number of Posts per Page: 20
- Number of topics per page: 20
- Location: London