Removing Tree From a Planting Scheme

Morgan Sweet

Re: Removing Tree From a Planting Scheme

Post by Morgan Sweet » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Thanks for the replies, the update is, after driving up to Leicester and looking at plans and speaking to the Council's Planning Dept. the tree had been clearly planted in the wrong position (large tree 25' high). It should have been planted in a specially designed planting pit to contain the roots some yards from the house wall in the pavement outside the curtilage. Developers have now removed tree and their technical dept. have gained permission to remove it altogether from planting scheme.

SJC14

Post by SJC14 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:14 pm

A 25 foot tree would be have been very expensive to buy/remove! Sounds like it was far too close and in the wrong place-so good that it was removed without issue.

Trikky

Post by Trikky » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:50 am

I'm having similar issue.

Planning consent protects the tree for the first 5 years and covenants on the property should be checked to ensure there are no long term issues that will bite you.

Ours for example says we cannot cut, trim, lop or remove any tree planted by the developer and the council have said they will never give permission for removal during this time so the street scene is not altered (when raised how it provides access to childrens bedrooms).

I am currently checking with a solicitor whether transplanting the tree slightly further away from the house once planning protection is finished contravenes the covenants. Will have to see how I go.