Gigantic bamboo on property boundaries

arborlad

Re: Gigantic bamboo on property boundaries

Post by arborlad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:36 pm

despair wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:00 pm
There are still plenty of people who believe they are fully entitled to return every tiny shred that dares to cross a boundary

Not counting farmland and publicly owned or managed land, I could count on one hand the instances you're advocating.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

despair

Post by despair » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Problem is when those "few" instances occur they cause a lot of distress

Do suggest what anyone is supposed to do about Treesurgeons who leave a huge mess on the neighbours spotless garden

Or what anyone is supposed to do when a neighbour constantly nibbles away at every inch of anything that crosses the boundary and chucks it back

mr sheen

Post by mr sheen » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:44 pm

If you don't grow anything near where it will encroach beyond your boundary and annoy your neighbours, you will avoid the actions described.

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 pm

despair wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Do suggest what anyone is supposed to do about Treesurgeons who leave a huge mess on the neighbours spotless garden

Or what anyone is supposed to do when a neighbour constantly nibbles away at every inch of anything that crosses the boundary and chucks it back
The neighbour with the plant that is trespassing over the boundary is the one that has caused the "niblling away at every inch". I know I would have been short of the room in my own garden for a couple of plants I'd decided to put in my own garden if the neighbours plants had been allowed to keep overhanging the boundary. In cases like that - there is no option but to cut neighbours plants back to the boundary if you can't do what you've decided in your own garden otherwise, as the neighbour has taken the room in your own garden that you are about to use for your own plants.
Apologies for not giving exact personal details in my posts - you never know who is reading....

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:10 pm

despair wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:28 pm

What you're failing to realise, or worse - choosing to ignore, is that handful of instances happened over five decades in 10s of thousands of properties.
arborlad

despair

Post by despair » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm

Your still not answering the question of what anyone is supposed to do when their pristine garden gets piles of hedge cuttings strewn over it by a tree surgeon employed by the neighbour fails to clear it up

Anyone cutting hedges and trees especially along a boundary should be mindfull of ensuring stuff does not fall onto the innocent neighbours land or borders

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:22 am

despair wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm
Your still not answering the question of what anyone is supposed to do when their pristine garden gets piles of hedge cuttings strewn over it by a tree surgeon employed by the neighbour fails to clear it up

Anyone cutting hedges and trees especially along a boundary should be mindfull of ensuring stuff does not fall onto the innocent neighbours land or borders
Whoever cuts it down is responsible for its removal. If your neighbour, when chopping down their tree, causes some of it to fall on your land, they must remove it. If they don't, self help is the way to go, and you can return what has fallen on your side of the boundary.

If you remove the branches of your neighbour's tree that overhangs it is up to you to remove it, either by returning next door or disposing of it some other way, as we all know.

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:56 am

Cedar wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 am
The garden looks very untidy soon as our gardener cleans it up, which is not easy, as the leaves are everywhere and it takes lots of time for him to tidy the ground reasonably well, especially between the shrubs and trees, just to see it covered in all this mess a couple of hours later again.

Back on topic............

Look on it as an asset rather than a problem, a few shakes of the shrubs and most of it falls to the ground and starts enriching it.
arborlad

despair

Post by despair » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 pm

2ft lengths of conifers wont enrich anything

APC
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by APC » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 am

arborlad wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm
APC wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:47 pm
arborlad wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:44 am

No - you're wrong.
Has anyone ever got successful recompense for this sort of issue?

Not sure which way you are approaching this from, there is no law to prevent leaves and other natural debris from falling onto someone elses land. If you throw a mustard seed over the boundary, the law considers it a trespass, so there is law against what is being advised.

From the point of view of one's own arisings being chucked over the fence by the affected neighbour. My understanding is that although some refer to it as flytipping, it's never been beaten out in the courts.

mugwump

Post by mugwump » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:42 am

It comes under the legal definition of fly tipping.
illegal deposit of any waste onto land that does not have a licence to accept it
Not on the neighbours garden but disposing of on other persons land

https://www.mrw.co.uk/latest/father-and ... 94.article

Possibly the reason no neighbour dumping has ever hit the courts is it needs the involvement of the council to instigate a prosecution. However I see no reason why, if you have video evidence of the neighbour doing it, that you cannot instigate an MCOL claim against them for the cost of clear up.

TO

Post by TO » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:29 am

There's no such thing as fly tipping. What you are doing by throwing the arising back onto the neighbours land is dumping controlled waste, (the garden rubbish), onto unlicensed land, (the neighbours garden).

If you have a pristine garden it is because you look after it. What do you do with the bits and pieces that fall/blow over, well you clear them up like you have with everything else in order to create your pristine garden.

silverbirch89

Post by silverbirch89 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:51 pm

despair wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm

Ideally, common courtesy should come into play. If not, just sweep it all up and chuck it on the compost heap. Bonus!

despair

Post by despair » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:44 am

Theres no way i would be chucking 2ft lengths of conifer on my compost heap thank you very much

arborlad

Post by arborlad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 am

despair wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:44 am
Theres no way i would be chucking 2ft lengths of conifer on my compost heap thank you very much

I have absolutely no idea why you continue to hijack this thread :roll:

As an ex moderator, you should be setting a good example - not a bad one :roll:
arborlad