My neighbour has complained to me numerous times since we have moved in but looking back almost all of the complaints seem to be about something outside of their control, a few examples:
- They get angry at anyone who parks outside of their property (it is a public street with no restrictions).
- They trim their own hedges but also hedges on my property by leaning over the boundary - when I ask them to stop they get angry and tell me things like I have no right to stop them.
- They get angry at the binmen if the bin isn't put back exactly in front of their property (I have seen them stand next to the binmen and take the bin from the back of the truck numerous times).
- Recently we had builders over and they started shouting at them because of the drilling noise (it was less than 2 hours on a weekday and was the first time we had made any loud noises in the house).
- Countless times I have been beckoned over and told something is wrong with my garden (sometimes things like mess, sometimes things like attracting too many starlings by putting bird food out).
I always try and give them space, let them say their piece usually either apologies or just let them have their say and get on with my day (I work in an environment with lots of patients with learning difficulties so am aware of avoiding conflict and diffusing aggressive behaviour etc)
but this is starting to get towards a point that I am constantly aware that my neighbours are almost out to get me and are finding fault almost anything.
Looking back I think that this behaviour is less of a personality quirk and more related to some of the symptoms of age related disorders such as dementia so I was wondering what might be the best way got get support for them?
Reporting them to the Police seems to be a bit heavy handed and will almost certainly make the situation worse but I am not aware of any other people I could speak to about this issue as I am not related to them and am not a carer.