speechless !

Cheers

Mav

Puzzled

Post by Puzzled » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:23 pm

Me too!!

nigelrb

Post by nigelrb » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:37 pm

Good one Arthur. Where's Dr. Jack Kavorkian when he's needed?
Cheers, Nigel
Life is never what it seems; there is always two sides to every story.

Treeman
Number of Posts per Page: 50

Post by Treeman » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:44 pm

Well this topic seems to be getting pretty silly so here is my indulgence.

I find myself musing from time to time.

Given that you only get the usual four score years and ten, when you are coming to the end of that time why do people slow down?

Have they done everything they wanted to do, or simply given up on the rest :?:

I hope I will be going like the clappers in my "twig light" years trying to fit one more idea into my allotted span.

I bet if you added up all the time you spend trapped behind a dawdler of any age there would be at least another day to enjoy. :!:

These people are robbing you. Lead, Follow or get out of the way :wink: :wink:

Treeman

Pennyfarthing

Post by Pennyfarthing » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:49 pm

My Dad is 84 and still drives - although not far now and (touch wood!!) has never been involved in a car accident of any sort in his life. His eyesight is WAY better than mine, he can read a newspaper without specs and can read distant number plates better than I can. :shock:

To be truthful I am more concerned about the young mums I see driving around, usually at high speeds, talking on mobile phones with 2 or 3 children in the back! Then of course there are all the people who should not be driving at all because of the combinations of medication they are on or indeed those taking illegal substances.

despair

Post by despair » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:03 pm

Penny

Your father sounds exceptional and i do agree about school runs , mobile phone talkers , and all the other speeders and loonies that frequent our roads however there are also a lot of elderly who point blank refuse to face their infimities and blatantly lie on driving licence renewals "cos it does not apply to them "!!!!!!!!!!