Lattis fence panels with teram added to them.

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden
Steakbake

Lattis fence panels with teram added to them.

Post by Steakbake » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi guys.
I need help here.
We went on holiday and on our return our neighbour has added a trellis to the top of a fence that I built after removing the hedge that separated us. We agreed on the height of the fence and we shared the cost of the materials. But I built it all for nothing.
This was done about 25years ago.
The fence height is 1650 to the top then he put this trellis between the slats, now it stands 1900. But when you step off my decking it's over 8feet. But still under 6 feet from his side.
It's a normal trellis with black teram and a green line running through it on all the panels. It's a mess!!!
Can he just do this without even asking my permission??
We put a letter through there door asking why this was done and if they would like to come and see it from our side then they could .& we could also discuss an alternative. But nothing!!
The neighbours on both side dont get on with these pair either.
Is it against the law to erect this after we agreed a height for the fence. Then they go and add to it with out consent.

Please help.

Thank you.

Sez

Re: Lattis fence panels with teram added to them.

Post by Sez » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 am

I would suggest you arrange to speak with your neighbour and firstly ask why they felt the need to add the trellis. It would help you both to find a compromise if you can understand their issue and hopefully they will understand yours. You mentioned that from your decking the overall height of the fence with trellis added was less which may suggest that your neighbour felt they had lost some privacy in this area possibly. Even if their is tension between you both which suggests why you may have written a letter to them it is better and you are more likely to reach a positive outcome if you can arrange a mutually convenient time to speak about it.

Steakbake

Re: Lattis fence panels with teram added to them.

Post by Steakbake » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 pm

My wife did a nice letter to them but still no reply.
They are actually very rude and dont care because this is twice now that stuff has been done while we have been on holiday.
Is it against the law to put trellis up or anything for that matter on a fence that's owned equally by both sides. I would think that they would need to ask our permission first before doing anything to the fence.
Thank you.
Ian