Forced rhubarb

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden
Post Reply
gardenlaw
Site Admin
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50
Location: Halifax

Forced rhubarb

Post by gardenlaw » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:18 pm

The weather may have been cold but we are now eating rhubarb forced under a plastic bin. With custard or cream that is the question.

User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Posts: 6224
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Forced rhubarb

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

gardenlaw wrote:The weather may have been cold but we are now eating rhubarb forced under a plastic bin. With custard or cream that is the question.
Strange place to eat rhubarb, forcing yourselves under a bin. :wink: Custard and cream, it is the law. :lol:

appledore
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Forced rhubarb

Post by appledore » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
gardenlaw wrote: Strange place to eat rhubarb, forcing yourselves under a bin. :wink: Custard and cream, it is the law. :lol:
It would make a change from sitting on an upturned bucket. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.

User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Posts: 6224
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Forced rhubarb

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

appledore wrote:It would make a change from sitting on an upturned bucket. :wink:
I'm going to buy a value bin and call it a stool, then I will use a water butt as a table and call it a bar. Chique or what!!! :lol: Rhubard and custard and cream on a plastic plate with a spork, lush one could say. I shall sip sherry from an egg cup with my pinky stuck in the air. :wink: :lol:

appledore
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by appledore » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:37 pm

I know someone who's husband complained that she never gave him rhubarb and custard. She didn't realise it had to be cooked. She just put a whole stick on a plate and poured custard over it. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.

arborlad
Posts: 7595
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by arborlad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

With custard or cream that is the question.
Both - and for good measure a scoop of icecream as well :D
arborlad

smile...it confuses people

User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Posts: 6224
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15
Location: Home Sweet Home

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

appledore wrote:I know someone who's husband complained that she never gave him rhubarb and custard. She didn't realise it had to be cooked. She just put a whole stick on a plate and poured custard over it. :lol:
:lol: Did he eat it, or was it forced under the bin? :lol:

User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Posts: 6224
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15
Location: Home Sweet Home

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 pm

arborlad wrote:
With custard or cream that is the question.
Both - and for good measure a scoop of icecream as well :D
I like it when we go to hubs parents and they ask "do you want this for pudding or ice cream?", I dither and they say "you can have both if you want!" I want, I want. :D :lol: Oh it really is a trick question.

appledore
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by appledore » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: I like it when we go to hubs parents and they ask "do you want this for pudding or ice cream?", I dither and they say "you can have both if you want!" I want, I want. :D :lol: Oh it really is a trick question.
You could say 'I don't really want any pudding, and I'm right off ice cream'. Think of the shock they would get. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.

User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Posts: 6224
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15
Location: Home Sweet Home

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: I like it when we go to hubs parents and they ask "do you want this for pudding or ice cream?", I dither and they say "you can have both if you want!" I want, I want. :D :lol: Oh it really is a trick question.
You could say 'I don't really want any pudding, and I'm right off ice cream'. Think of the shock they would get. :wink:
That really would be no good for me, I would get no pudding just to shock them. :? Nope, can't see the fun it that. :lol: Although, hubby would then ask for my portion, I would look at him like a seal about to be clubbed and he would give it back to me, might work ok then. :wink:

Post Reply