Parking a motor home without permission.

Landlords and tenants can share their problems and give each other mutual support
billy the kid

Parking a motor home without permission.

Post by billy the kid » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi all,
I own a small block of self contained flats and one of my tenants has allowed his brother to park a tatty old motor home on the car park.
It has broken windows, is not taxed.
The letting agents were asked to ring him, they did and we were promised it would be removed over the next few days and it was.
Just one day later and it`s back again.

What can i do to get this vehicle removed ?

Thank you for any advice.

mr sheen

Re: Parking a motor home without permission.

Post by mr sheen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm

What does the Tenancy Agreement say about use of the car park? Has the tenant rented a specific car park space?
If the agreement is silent in relation to the type of vehicles and ownership of vehicles that can use a car park space that the tenant rents and pays for, then you may have a problem.
Getting them to move it voluntarily will be the easiest way.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks Mr Sheen,
I`ve now locked the gates as none of the tenants own a car/ vehicle and the trespasser van has gone.
I do however take on board your advice about tenancy agreements.

Thank you for your help.

atb.

Janieb

Post by Janieb » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:28 am

I’m wondering if locking the gates might cause more problems. Just because none of the tenants owns a vehicle doesn’t mean that they don’t have visitors that do. If the use of the carpark is part of the tenancy agreement then you are preventing their legitimate visitors from using it.
"I prefer rogues to imbeciles, because they sometimes take a rest" Alexandre Dumas (fils)

Collaborate
Number of Posts per Page: 20
Number of topics per page: 20

Post by Collaborate » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:41 am

Janieb wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:28 am
I’m wondering if locking the gates might cause more problems. Just because none of the tenants owns a vehicle doesn’t mean that they don’t have visitors that do. If the use of the carpark is part of the tenancy agreement then you are preventing their legitimate visitors from using it.
+1.

You ought to address the issues mentioned by mrsheen. Either you allow your tenants to exercise their rights or you place yourself in breach.