Surface water run off

New Topic!
Geoff11

Surface water run off

Post by Geoff11 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:57 am

Hi please can I ask for your help with a matter
I am going to try my best to explain so pls bare with me
I live in a road with a slight hill, The house next to me (we are both semi's) we are separated by about 2 metres of land.
The house next to me is slightly higher than me and they have concreted their front side and back with the concrete angled towards my land, the fence belongs to me and I have a garden wall that runs the width of my house. Now every time it rains all the surface water run off is running into my wall and through it making all the wall soaked ( and it stays soaked for days where the water just sits there) also all mould on my land, green algae and mould. They have angled the concrete towards my land and stop it short approx 15cms from the wall and just filled the void with stones, therefore the water just runs in my land and sits in that void making my wall constantly damp.
I have spoken to them about this they refused point blank to do anything about it.
Now I am looking to explore alternatives
Any help or advice would be v appreciated

despair

Re: Surface water run off

Post by despair » Sun May 03, 2020 12:41 pm

I hope you have Legal Expenses Cover on your mortgage or insurances or credit cards because what they have done is to deliberately create a Legal Nuiscance

Geoff11

Post by Geoff11 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Thanks for your response that's what I was thinking. I'm sure I have it on my house insurance I will give them a call. The fact that they just wouldn't listen it's as if it's not there problem they don't care but why should it be mine I haven't done anything wrong

Hugh Jaleak

Post by Hugh Jaleak » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Check with the Local Council too, planning permission is required to pave over a previously permeable area, and the fact the drainage is inadequate may also go in your favour.