Not a boundary dispute.........another agenda entirely

lamb

Not a boundary dispute.........another agenda entirely

Post by lamb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

I think that this is an awesome post by Conveyancer........
It should be a criminal offence, punishable by being locked in a room full of surveyors discussing theodolites, to measure your boundaries without an order of the court.

1. The plan you are relying on is almost certainly not going to be suitable to take measurements from.

2. You probably don't know how to measure land properly.

3. If you start to measure your boundaries you will start to believe things you have no business believing, for example that you know exactly where your boundaries are.

4. Legal boundaries can move over time, so there is a possibilty that the fence is in the right place simply because by having been where it is for long enough it has come to represent the boundary.

5. If you start bandying measurements about (a) if you are in dispute with your neighbour you will make the dispute worse and (b) if you are not in dispute you soon will be.

6. Disputes over boundaries enrich lawyers and surveyors - you don't want to do that as they are already rich enough.

7. Of course if your neighbour takes liberties you will want to do something about it. Making points such as "I used to be able to get my wheelbarrow between my house wall and your fence, but now I can't" and "You have pushed over all my shrubs and they are now at an angle when they used to stand up straight" will carry more weight than sticking plans under people's noses.

8. When you move into a new house take photos of the fences, walls etc from all angles. These are far more likely to be of use than plans if you want to show that the nice new fence your neighbour has put up is not in the same position as the old one.

9. Try and be around if your neighbour is putting up a new fence.

However my question is, what do you do to protect yourself from a bully who is trying to create a boundary dispute out of virtually nothing.

1. Do you ignore the neighbour completely unless the letter from his solicitor appears?
1a. Do you respond with legality when and if that letter arrives?

2. Do you meekly comply to all his wishes and let him run you ragged over repeated challenges as to what you can do on your own land? Constant queries about a leaf extending beyond the perceived boundary or the height of a clump of daffodils.

3. Do you go to all the expense and inconvenience of getting expert opinions and legal solutions in the hope of being able to silence him with "the law." Knowing full well that in this area the law is a bit of an ass.

4. Given that the neighbour is being particularly anal about an open boundary that is your responsibility {marked by a clear T on the deeds,}
should you make an attempt to give this boundary some sort of official
demarcation? In my case this would probably send my neighbour into orbit unless it had been degreed by the highest court in the land, that measurements to the nearest mm were correct.

5. Do you shoot the bloody neighbour? (only joking guys)

Joking aside, I am still confused as to what the best course of action would be, in my case....... :? It is important that I protect myself to the hilt as this neighbour is profoundly evil. :evil: :twisted:

despair

Post by despair » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Bullies are always threatening everything and tell ENORMOUS lies

However since they will never believe anyone inc a the highest high court judge theres no point even responding to anything the claim

Just protect yourself:-

1) By ensuring the Police are fully aware of the Harassment you are suffering

2) Install CCTV and keep a detailed diary of threats /actions etc

3) Ensure you have GOOD Legal Expenses Cover

Let them know at the appropriate time that you are on the receiving end of false claims

Wait for Solicitors letters to land and then set wheels in motion

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
Number of Posts per Page: 5
Number of topics per page: 15

Re: Not a boundary dispute.........another agenda entirely

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

1. Do you ignore the neighbour completely unless the letter from his solicitor appears?
1a. Do you respond with legality when and if that letter arrives?

Yes.

Not necessarily if the letter is a bluff, you don’t want to waste time and money.

2. Do you meekly comply to all his wishes and let him run you ragged over repeated challenges as to what you can do on your own land? Constant queries about a leaf extending beyond the perceived boundary or the height of a clump of daffodils.

No.

3. Do you go to all the expense and inconvenience of getting expert opinions and legal solutions in the hope of being able to silence him with "the law." Knowing full well that in this area the law is a bit of an ass.

I wouldn’t go to a penny of expense unless you absolutely have to.

4. Given that the neighbour is being particularly anal about an open boundary that is your responsibility {marked by a clear T on the deeds,}
should you make an attempt to give this boundary some sort of official
demarcation? In my case this would probably send my neighbour into orbit unless it had been degreed by the highest court in the land, that measurements to the nearest mm were correct.

Not sure, but don’t allow this bully to make you afraid of doing what you feel is right in/on your own property. If you know you are correctly defining the boundary in the right position do so, it is for him to prove otherwise I would have thought.

5. Do you shoot the bloody neighbour? (only joking guys)

Illegal guns are cheap and so easy to get hold of. I doubt you will need to waste your money though. :wink:

Joking aside, I am still confused as to what the best course of action would be, in my case....... :? It is important that I protect myself to the hilt as this neighbour is profoundly evil. :evil: :twisted:

I still feel it is best to ignore them and if the letter comes, allow someone with the knowledge on this site to view it. I would imagine many solicitors given their fee will send letters that aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.

lamb

Post by lamb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks for the support guys. I am feeling so much stronger since I have been able to chat to you.
Unfortunately the raison d'etre of NFHs is to make the victim feel weak and isolated.
I am strong and can usually see the funny side of all this but it helps to have support.

The other day I was going round my local garden centre and saw a sort of stone gargoyle. It was incredibly ugly and was picking its nose. For one brief moment I was tempted to buy it and replace the offending plant pot containing winter pansies with this tasteful gargoyle. Naughty I know and being the wise and controlled individual I am, I resisted the temptation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 pm

lamb wrote:The other day I was going round my local garden centre and saw a sort of stone gargoyle. It was incredibly ugly and was picking its nose. For one brief moment I was tempted to buy it and replace the offending plant pot containing winter pansies with this tasteful gargoyle. Naughty I know and being the wise and controlled individual I am, I resisted the temptation. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love it! :lol: http://www.theplatelady.com/figurines/6321-gargoyle.jpg Don't get one of these, resist!!!! :lol: :lol:

despair

Post by despair » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Gargoyle .............I LOVE IT ..........what a hoot

I thought about buying a couple of Lion statues for my front gates !!

plus a sign to put on my side of the fence

Beware
Wild Animals

lamb

Post by lamb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
lamb wrote:The other day I was going round my local garden centre and saw a sort of stone gargoyle. It was incredibly ugly and was picking its nose. For one brief moment I was tempted to buy it and replace the offending plant pot containing winter pansies with this tasteful gargoyle. Naughty I know and being the wise and controlled individual I am, I resisted the temptation. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love it! :lol: http://www.theplatelady.com/figurines/6321-gargoyle.jpg Don't get one of these, resist!!!! :lol: :lol:
I really like that gargoyle. This one is more suitable for my neighbour:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0333024985

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:57 pm

lamb wrote:I really like that gargoyle. This one is more suitable for my neighbour:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0333024985

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/4518 ... 1177252402

This would be better, it would upstage him when he is stalking you. :lol: I wonder if you could buy a stone car with nose picker stalker? :D Have one made so when he picks his nose whilst kerb crawling it will be like he is looking in a mirror. :lol:

appledore

Post by appledore » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Our neighbour is the nearest living thing to a gargoyle. In fact he makes a gargoyle look handsome. :)
Keep calm and carry on.

hippygirl

Post by hippygirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

I have a gargoyle that is sticking it's tongue out and has it's fingers waggling in its ears on the wall that my extremely nosey neighbour overlooks... :lol:

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Post by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:18 pm

appledore wrote:Our neighbour is the nearest living thing to a gargoyle. In fact he makes a gargoyle look handsome. :)
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/bge/Chartr ... apped1.jpg

Does he look like this? :lol: I don't blame you for growing a hedge, we grew a wall so we couldn't see the gargoyles next door. :lol:

lamb

Post by lamb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm

I can see it now. Forget the Oscars we could have the prestigious 'Gargoyle Awards' for the most vile and troublesome neighbours. We could replace the red carpet with a black one that was actually a mine field. On their way to collecting their awards we could watch them getting their just deserts by being blown up. Those that were lucky enough to reach the end would have their very own gargoyle statuette affixed to their forehead just to warn others of what they are capable of. Victims of NFHs could be invited as a form of healing therapy.

My.... this is getting bitter and twisted but it is great fun! Sorry guys, it must be 10 years of abuse that is getting to me....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you've got to laugh haven't you. That is the last thing that Neighbours from Hell would want you to do.........

despair

Post by despair » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Oh I heard of one today that really makes you laugh

The NFH requires that NO ONE is allowed to stand within a foot of the boundary because their shadow might fall on his land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see that NFH complaining in front of a Judge

lamb

Post by lamb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 pm

despair wrote:Oh I heard of one today that really makes you laugh

The NFH requires that NO ONE is allowed to stand within a foot of the boundary because their shadow might fall on his land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see that NFH complaining in front of a Judge

My NFH is so bad that if we accidently dropped a £50 note on his drive, I suspect that he would attempt to take us to court. He demanded £20,000 compensation because we had built a conservatory on our own land!
When my daughter stayed at home in preparation for her exams, the women next door rushed round and said that she was going to report us to the authorities because my daughter was not attending school. I could go on and on but it would get boring. :lol:

despair

Post by despair » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 pm

How you have put up with all that for 10 years without finding us is a miracle

£20K compensation because you built a Conservatory on your own land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs commiting in an insane asylum and her with him