Inner Boundary Restrictions

sidney9966
Number of Posts per Page: 15

Inner Boundary Restrictions

Post by sidney9966 »

I live in an area where there is a height restriction for boundary fences .We have just paid for the new fence to be put in at the required height and then I applied for planning permission to put trellis on top of my fence but neighbours opposed this and the council have had to reject it although they have allowed a lower height trellis . My neighbours are being awkward in every way they can as they are enjoying staring at us every day which is very unnerving for us so does anyone know if 1, I can plant trees bushes etc inside my boundary higher than the limit or 2, can i put trellis on stilts inside my boundary at any height?
arsie

Re: Inner Boundary Restrictions

Post by arsie »

Nothing to stop plants growing. Personally I dislike Leylandii ... :wink:
Conveyancer

Post by Conveyancer »

sidney9966 wrote: can i put trellis on stilts inside my boundary at any height?
The rules cover means of enclosure whether on the boundary or not. Is a trellis on stilts a means of enclosure?
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
despair

Post by despair »

I would suggest Philadelphus and clump forming Bamboos plus Photinia if it grows in your area

I would have thought that tall poles with wire in between with a plethora of climbers like honeysuckle, clematis , jasmines would be Ok

Buy hey why not give these nosy neighbours something crazy to talk about ...........invite a bunch of naturalists round for a party !!
COGGY
Number of Posts per Page: 50
Number of topics per page: 50

Post by COGGY »

We have a clump forming bamboo used for privacy . We researched it on the RHS web site and asked advice at the garden centre. It is in a very large rubber pot, standing raised on a paving stone in case any roots escape. We have had it a year, water it every day there is no rain (they are thirsty) and it has grown enormously. It also looks extremely green and healthy. It is a type of Phyllostachys, can't remember which one. It is very important to contain the roots. We are pleased with it, have had no problems and it is very attractive.
appledore

Post by appledore »

We have bamboo in pots too. They grow really fast if they get plenty of water. When they get to a decent size we chop them in two and get two plants for the price of one.
Keep calm and carry on.
Uriah Heap

Post by Uriah Heap »

despair wrote:why not give these nosy neighbours something crazy to talk about ...........invite a bunch of naturalists round for a party !!
I suggest David Attenborough, Bill Oddie and Terry Nutkins. Not sure whether they would be willing to strip off and frighten the neighbours, but they might be able to suggest some naturists who could help out.
kipper

Post by kipper »

I wouldn't waste an invitation on Terry Nutkins, to be honest.
COGGY

Post by COGGY »

Do you have children or grandchildren? If so how about a climbing frame or trampoline and encourage the children to look over at the neighbours. That would certainly annoy them. :D
COGGY

Post by COGGY »

I agree it is maybe not the right advice. However I know from experience how upsetting it is to have neighbours staring all the time. It spoils enjoyment of home and is extremely upsetting. The neighbours in question are apparently spoiling the posters enjoyment of home. We should all be able to relax at home without having to see watching eyes and maybe listening ears all the time. Possibly the neighbours in question would erect a barrier themselves if they were inconvenienced,
appledore

Post by appledore »

kipper wrote:I wouldn't waste an invitation on Terry Nutkins, to be honest.
Me neither. Des O'Connor would be a better idea. A few songs from him and the neighbours would probably move. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
Hugh Jaleak

Post by Hugh Jaleak »

Kippers reference to Terry Nutkins may be rather tongue in cheek due to the fact he (Terry Nutkins) passed away in 2012.....